We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing Equipment Hire

brisbane
Level Contributor
183 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing Equipment Hire

We will be travelling to Tasmania in November. My husband is a fishing tragic but will have difficulties bringing all of his gear down on the plane. Is there a business in Hobart that might hire fishing equipment to holiday makers. We would like to hire this for the entire trip (around 4 weeks) and as we fly in and out of Hobart this would be a convenient location.

Cradle...
Destination Expert
for Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
Level Contributor
11,858 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing Equipment Hire

Hi rabbit, I do recall you might be staying in the Bronte Park area, Highland Lakes not to far away, give these guys a call - http://www.boathiretasmania.com/

Sorry I'm not much help, I'm not a fly fisherman.

Safe travels - Robert

Edited: 18 April 2012, 01:02
South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
25,899 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing Equipment Hire

And best to be aware that there are quarantine restrictions on bringing fishing gear into Tasmania.

kyogle, nsw
Level Contributor
600 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing Equipment Hire

Hi Rabit59,

just a quick note (as I am catching up on emails, having just returned from Tassie this arvo and will do report in next couple of days). check out the following for fishing info for tassie

discovertasmania.com/activities__and__attrac…

the links to this may also give you both some extra info.

As east coast is more popular for fishing apart from around the lakes areas in central tassie (trout season mostly) I think there is a hire place around Coles bay which also deals with fishing gear, which may be worth checking out. What about checking out the yellow pages on line for hobart hire places??

cheers

4. Re: Fishing Equipment Hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 14:43