We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 weeks in Tassie with a caravan & 3 kids!

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
3 weeks in Tassie with a caravan & 3 kids!

I'm new to Trip Advisor and after trawling the forums & reviews thought I'd put my questions out there. I've just booked the ferry across for us (husband & children who will be 7, 4 & 4 months) and car & caravan for a 3 week holiday in Jan 2014.

Usually when travelling we 'play it by ear' and pick up Caravan Park recommendations/ activities as we go, but given we'll be travelling in peak season and I have the bub #3 due in a few months, I'm keen to lock in the caravan park accommodation ASAP. All these forums have given me a huge list of places to see, but what I'd love is some recommendations of fabulous, family friendly caravan parks to stay in. We'd prefer to limit the set up/ pack up rigmarole, and just use the car for day adeventures, so only looking at staying at 4-5 different parks. We plan to do the big loop listed here on Trip Advisor...

We definitely want to explore Hobart/ Port Arthur/ Freycinet and we love the beach! Any hot tips?

.... and finally is it worth bringing the girls bikes??

Many thanks! Bec

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
28,848 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 weeks in Tassie with a caravan & 3 kids!

Just a couple of recommendations to kick it off: On the north-west coast, Penguin van park is in an idyllic situation on the coast.

And in Hobart, I think discovery Holiday park at Risdon is the best of them.

Ballina, Australia
Level Contributor
939 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 weeks in Tassie with a caravan & 3 kids!

Penguin and indeed most of the north coast is perfect for a family holiday. I think Adventure Bay on Bruny would also be a good option. The kids would love the white wallabies and is also a good place for their pushbikes. And a very kid friendly beach. Most National Parks are kid/bike friendly as well. Somewhere like Mt Field is ideal. Enjoy your holiday

White Beach...
Destination Expert
for Tasmania
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 weeks in Tassie with a caravan & 3 kids!

On the Tasman Peninsula, the White Beach caravan park is a good base. It's right on the lovely beach and safe for kids and only 10 minutes from Port Arthur. The Port Arthur caravan park is closer to the historic site but I'm not familiar with the setting there.

4. Re: 3 weeks in Tassie with a caravan & 3 kids!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2014, 06:19