We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 days 4 nights Tasmania schedule in Sep 13

Sydney, Australia
5 posts
Save Topic
5 days 4 nights Tasmania schedule in Sep 13

I have booked flight arriving Hobart and leaving Launceston and my rough itinerary as below:

Day 1: Arrive Hobart early in the morning, visit MONA or Museum & Art Gallery then Port Arthur in the afternoon, stay there overnight.

Day 2: Travel to Bruny Island and return same day.

Day 3: (SAT) Visit the salamanca markets in the morning and head off to Cradle Mountain

Day 4: Cradle Mountain Walk in am and pm

Day 5: Depart Cradle mountain, city tour of Launceston

Flight, car hire and 2 nights stay at Cradel Mountain has been booked and other are yet to be confirmed, please comment.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
25,856 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 days 4 nights Tasmania schedule in Sep 13

I think the first and second days will be difficult. Arrive, MONA and Port Arthur are too much in one day, IMO. And the second day becomes very difficult as you have to drive all the way from PA, through Hobart and on to Bruny. As much as I hate to suggest it, I think you need to ditch PA on this trip. Come back another time and do it along with a trip up the east coast.

If you need something else to fill in Day 1, there's always Mount Wellington and Bonorong that are worth seeing.

The rest of the trip is OK, but just keep in mind that it's a long drive from Hobart to Cradle Mountain - about 5 hours.

Luigi

Sydney, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 days 4 nights Tasmania schedule in Sep 13

Thanks Luigi, should I do Brunny Island or PA? Is there nice restaurant in Hobart city or is North Hobart a better area for food tasting?

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 days 4 nights Tasmania schedule in Sep 13

I'd skip Bruny rather than PA.

Buy the Bruny Island Cheese & Pinot at Salamanca on Saturday, and drink it after your return from the Cradle Mt walk.

Sydney, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 days 4 nights Tasmania schedule in Sep 13

Thanks for the nice tips inas66, any recommendation of nice restaurants?

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
25,856 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 days 4 nights Tasmania schedule in Sep 13

The locals tend to dine in North Hobart. the retaurants there are less "touristy". There are also some good ones in the CBD.

More information on dining "locales" here: tripadvisor.com.au/Travel-g255097-s501/Hobar…

I think that deleting either PA or Bruny would be a good solution to the Day1/2 problem. If you delete Bruny, go to PA as a day trip on Day 2.

6. Re: 5 days 4 nights Tasmania schedule in Sep 13

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2014, 06:17