We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arthur Riiver cruises

Sarina, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Arthur Riiver cruises

5/6 hour cruises. How do they fill them in? doing what? Would it be boring for 13/15 year olds?

Cradle...
Destination Expert
for Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
Level Contributor
12,498 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arthur Riiver cruises

Hi Shirley, I haven't actually been on the cruise, but my father-in-law completed the cruise just last weekend gone. I asked what he thought, his response was it was OK, and yet all the others he's been on he always states he loves them. In his opinion, it was a bit long, so until someone comes on this post and can give you first hand advice for children, I suppose what I have said might give you some indication to your question.

Safe travels - Robert

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,027 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arthur Riiver cruises

I think teenagers are invariably bored anyway.

But being at Arthur River and NOT doing the cruise would be worse than doing it, IMO. Ain't any internet out there either, so they couldn't even do that. :)

Sarina, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arthur Riiver cruises

Thankyou - maybe I find a boat trip not soooo long. To view the Tarkine wilderness, is it only on the Pieman or the Arthur River?

Sarina, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arthur Riiver cruises

Thankyou. Maybe I find a trip not sooo long. To view the Tarkine wilderness, is it only the Pieman and the Arthur River cruises?

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,027 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arthur Riiver cruises

Yes, they are the only two river cruises in that area. But you could walk: http://tarkinetrails.com.au/

Kyogle, Australia
Level Contributor
600 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arthur Riiver cruises

Hi, though we have not done the Arthur River, we have done the Pieman Cruise which was great. We had stayed at Queenstown and heading to coriina for a 2 night stay. We left Q/town early to allow time to get across on the Barge ( car carrier-for a fee), to arrive at Corinna in time for the 9.30 departure. It was really lovely and picturesque and the water very smooth on the day we went. They supplied each person with their own small esky for lunch as once we arrived at the mouth of the river, you had 1hr to yourself. (they had checked out any dietry issues when you booked). Most did the 10min walk to the coastline beach. Certainly plenty of wind here. We passed a small quaint remote fishing shack village(?) during our walk, which consisted of some very individual structures, depending on what they could get there to put a roof over their head. Other refreshments were offered during the cruise, and the commentary was very informative. As mentioned in other post, definitely no internet available out here.We loved it and certainly would do it again. There are some youtube pics to look at, perhaps this may help make a decision. Coriina also offers Kayaks for hire to go up the river at your own leisure. Perhaps this may be another alternative, though can be taxing on the arms if not used to the rowing. Check out the Corinna site for further info.

Cheers

Sarina, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arthur Riiver cruises

Thank you to all of you for your comments. Helped me make a decision - wish I had found this site 6 months ago. Decided to do Pieman Cruise as it is only 4.5 hours and have booked into Corrinna cabins the night before.

8. Re: Arthur Riiver cruises

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2014, 05:16