We are a family of 4 (kids are 6.5 years and 3 years). Planning a road trip to Tasmania in mid-February 2014.
We will be flying from Sydney to Launceston, rent a car at Launceston and drive to Hobart via western Tasmania. We have drawn up an itenary as per below. Kids are used to travelling in car for 3-4 hours.
Please suggest number of days required at each location.
Arrive Launceston, hire car, Visit following places in vicinity:
- Cable glide
- Beaconsfield mines
- Seahorse World
- Cataract Gorge
Drive Launceston to Cradle Mountain. Visit following places on the way:
- Trowunna Wildlife Park
- Honey Farm
- Enchanted Walk
Which city should we stay at in Cradle Mountain, if doing all above ?
Then move on to Queenstown
- Nelson Falls
- Wilderness Railway round trip to Strahan
We are unsure if we should then go to Strahan or miss it and drive onto Hobart ?
If we go to Strahan we might do the Gordon Cruise and the play "The ship that never was", but it all depends on available days.
Drive from Queenstown/Strahan to Hobart
- Any notable attractions on the drive to Hobart, without too much of a deviation ?
- Remarkable Cave
- Mt Nelson Lookout
- Shot Tower
- Train Park
- Mt. Wellington
Based on above, could you suggest
1) Any changes to the itenary as outlined above ?
2) Number of days to stay at each place. We have about 10 days at our disposal.
3) Would there be much changes to itenary if we decide to rent a campervan instead of a car ?
Thanks for reading and your suggestionsEdited: 30 November 2013, 08:22