We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 days in tassie very shortly/derwent

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
10 days in tassie very shortly/derwent

i need some tassie help!! Land Hobart, on Sat , do the salamanca markets quickly and get some good fresh produce, then thought wud head straight out to russell falls, and onto lake st clair/derwent bridge area for the night. Not really interested to go to Strahan way, so thought we would head up more to cradle mountain area. Does this sound right ? (then we want to go onto Burnie, Launceston, Beauty Point, and then onto bay of fires, freycinet, bicheno, and 2 nights at maria island.

My query is also that i read Montezuma falls are amazingly beautiful. where in the scheme of the things do we fit these falls in? On way down after Bruny island area? plus we have a campervan (not our fun 4WD from home!!!) and is the road ok to the Montezuma falls with a c'van?

thank you

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,346 posts
1,521 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 days in tassie very shortly/derwent

Hi,

Just to note - I'm not sure of the road there but I do know the MF's are located between Zeehan and Rosebery on Tasmania’s west coast . Approx 30mins drive from Zeehan.

Bruny Island is located on the south-eastern coast of Tasmania, from which it is separated by the D'Entrecasteaux Channel. Access is from Bruny Island Ferry service between the island and Kettering on the mainland. ( just near Hobart). I would do Bruny Island after exploring Hobart.

For additional info on Freycinet Peninsula.

tripadvisor.com.au/GoListDetail-i38962-Swans…

Edited: 02 March 2014, 02:13
South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,250 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 days in tassie very shortly/derwent

That sounds like a good plan.

From Derwent Bridge you need to head west to Queenstown, then north along the Murchison Highway toward Rosebery. The turnoff to Montezuma Falls is a couple of Km south of Rosebery. (No need to go to Strahan.) Info here: westernwilderness.com.au/clients/westcoast/d…

http://www.parks.tas.gov.au/?base=1374

You can get there in a van.

Luigi

3. Re: 10 days in tassie very shortly/derwent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2015, 05:18