We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Itinerary

Sydney Olympic...
5 posts
Save Topic
Help with Itinerary

I am travelling Tasmania next month from 06 April - 15 April. Booked a car from Bargain Car rental and need some advice from the itinerary draft below. Please help!

Day1 (Sun) arr 11am

Lunceston - Tamar Valley (Contract Gorge) and surrounds

Stay at Village Family Motor Inn

Day 2

Heads to Cradle Mountain

Stay at Cradle Mountain area?

Day 3

Cradle Mountain to Strahan

Stay at Strahan area?

Day 4

Strhan to Richmond

Stopover Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary

Stay overnight at Richmond

Day 5

Richmond to Port Arthur, Mona, Mount Wellington

Stay at Hobart Midcity Hotel

Day 6

Hobart to Bruny Island

Stay at Hobart Midicity Hotel

Day 7

Salamanca markets then head ti Freycinet

Maybe stay at Swaseas or cole bay

Day 8

Freycinet - Bicheno - St Helens

Bicheno Blowhole

Pyengana Diary Farm

St Columba Waterfall

Stay at St Helens or Launceston?

Day 9

Maybe George town or to Devenport depends on time

TBN

Day 10

Departs at 11.30 back to Sydney

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,325 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Itinerary

I'm not sure what you are planning to do in Strahan. The main attraction there is the Gordon River cruise and it takes an entire day. You don't seem to have time to do that.

Day 4 is a very long day.

I don't think you will fit a trip to port Arthur and back in along with a visit to MONA on the same day. I think this part of your plan needs some rework.

Reviews for the Hobart Midcity Hotel are here: tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g255097-d584…

On Day 8, iy you go as far as Pyengana and St Columba Falls, you should probably continue on to Launceston rather than backtracking to St Helens.

On Day 9 I'd stay in the Tamar Valley rather than going to Devonport. Or do you have something you wish to see and do there?

Luigi

Sydney Olympic...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Itinerary

Hi Luigi

Thank you for your advice. Will ask my friend I she really want to take a cruise at strahan. If not we will go straight form cradle mountain to Hobart.

For Day 5, I will rework it again as I have one day spare on day 9. Will try to split in in two days.

So port Arthur will take me whole day, is it? cos when I search online the bronze pass only need half a day and that's why I though I can travel around for rest of the day some where when I check the map distance.

Will look for accommodation on day 8 & o as suggested .

Thank you for your information.

Cheers Carmen

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,325 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with Itinerary

Certainly Port Arthur would only take a half day if you could teleport yourself there and back, but I think you'll spend nearly four hours on the road also.

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with Itinerary

hi Carmen,

Im going to Tasmania too on the same date with you. I am sorry for not familiar with Tasmania but wan to ask , do you want us to share the travel fees with you by riding your cars?

Pls drop by me at my email add eunicesp1003@hotmail.com

thanks

Geelong...
Destination Expert
for Geelong, Great Ocean Road
Level Contributor
6,076 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with Itinerary

Please don't put personal email addresses on an open public forum as it is very unwise and you leave yourself wide open to spam etc. If you want a poster to contact you by an email address please do a PM to them.

Safe travels

White Beach...
Destination Expert
for Tasmania
Level Contributor
1,485 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with Itinerary

I agree with Luigi plus it seems you are backtracking a bit with the order. It would make more sense to stop in Hobart enroute back from Strahan and do Bruny the next day then move on the port Arthur before heading up the east coast from there. I agree the Port Arthurday you have scheduled is too full. Mona needs half a day at least too. I'd also gully recommend the cruise at Strahan. It's a wonderful way to see the natural and historical side of the area. Strahan itself is very small but Ocean beach and Henty Dunes are both spectacular.

7. Re: Help with Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 05:15