We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tasmania in top 25 islands of the world

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
25,485 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Tasmania in top 25 islands of the world

cntraveler.com/readers-choice-awards/best-is…

And not only that, but your island beat my island by three spots!

Loved Tasmania so much, I spent two months there when I visited.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,191 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tasmania in top 25 islands of the world

Tassie is a beautiful place. We were going to move there in 2010 but we ended up buying land here to build on. One day, one day! Cheers for the link.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,131 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tasmania in top 25 islands of the world

Drats. The secret is out!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,557 posts
1,597 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tasmania in top 25 islands of the world

It's interesting how the top 25 islands are mostly from the USA !! I don't agree with Maui being Number 1 Island of the world. However; I'm glad the Whitsundays / Tasmania & The Great Barrier Reef Islands got a mention.

Thanks for sharing Joan.

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
16,018 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tasmania in top 25 islands of the world

Hi J0an123. Thanks for the link. I love Tasse too! I'm enjoying looking at some of the other lists too.....

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
25,485 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tasmania in top 25 islands of the world

Ellemay, if the USA didn't have Hawaii, they wouldn't have nearly as many islands in that list! We have been fortunate to visit all of those Hawaiian islands ourselves, and while I can't enough of Maui, I too was surprised to see it as number one.

Cradle...
Destination Expert
for Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
Level Contributor
13,045 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tasmania in top 25 islands of the world

Thanks for the link Joan, although I am a bit confused to why it's only 13th, and why Vancouver Island is even further down the line, and I'm not biased :o)

Rob

Edited: 28 March 2014, 00:33
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,137 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tasmania in top 25 islands of the world

I agree with everyone.

Those rankings are always debatable, but that's the purpose of they lists aren't they.

I too disagree that Maui is number one. But Kiawah Island? Isn't that place a gated retirement community? And that photo - what a shocker. Shrubs around a teeing green, showing a guy with a worse swing than the photo! C'mon Conde Naste. And no Nova Scotia...

8. Re: Tasmania in top 25 islands of the world

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 05:16