We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tasmania without self-drive

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Topic
Tasmania without self-drive

Planning for 6-day trip to Tasmania in early Aug (arrive in Launceston and depart from Hobart) and don't intend to drive. Please advise the best way to get around for a group of 5-6pax without burning a hole in the pocket?

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
14,255 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tasmania without self-drive

Hi Wendy.

Your post appears twice, I think it's sometimes a glitch with mobile phones, is that what you are using? If you click on 'report inappropriate content' you can remove your own thread, in this case the other duplicate. If you don't then chances are you'll end up with replies on both threads and miss some information, not to mention confuse us.

There's a whole lot of general FAQ's over on the right, but if you are on a mobile I think that feature is not available to you. For planning a whole trip I do think it is worthwhile accessing a proper computer.

As for your question about the best way, it somewhat depends on what you want to see. So as always I'll ask, what inspires you about Tasmania, what sort of experiences are you after, bushwalking, history, food and drink, photo ops, animals......... Please tell us more so that we can tailor our replies to your needs. I should add, you can't DO Tasmania in only 6 days, you WILL need to prioritise. For a group that size I'm wondering if a charter might be the way to go? Not sure if that's something you can do on the cheap, if that is what you are after. Oh, and you realise you are coming in winter which is quite significant that far south, cold weather, chance of snow and short daylight hours. Not the season I would choose for a first visit I must admit, though it has its special attraction for people who love Tasmania.

2. Re: Tasmania without self-drive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2015, 06:16