We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2bedroom apartments

Singapore
Level Contributor
717 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
2bedroom apartments

I've got 4adults and 2 children (2.5yrs old and 7yrs old). Which hotel should I choose?

The Old Woolstore apartment OR Somerset on Salamanca? Anyone has stayed in these? would appreciate your feedback.

Also, are there any must see or go places in and around Hobart, which may be good for kids? We're planning to visit Salamanca market ;)

Mentioned in this post
The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel
The Old Woolstore...
1,693 Reviews
Hobart, Australia
Salamanca Inn
Salamanca Inn
669 Reviews
Hobart, Australia
Hobart
Hobart
Greater Hobart, Australia
Salamanca Market
Salamanca Market
3,663 Reviews
Hobart, Australia
Hobart
Level Contributor
250 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 2bedroom apartments

For the children I'd suggest:

- the Princes Park boat playground very close to Salamanca & the Somerset (http://www.hobartkidz.com/princes.htm)

- the Faerie Shop (http://www.faeries.com.au/)

- the museum (www.tmag.tas.gov.au)

-the Hobart Aquatic Centre has a toddler's pool (hobartcity.com.au/HCC/STANDARD/413310233/HOB…),

Mentioned in this post
Salamanca Inn
Salamanca Inn
669 Reviews
Hobart, Australia
Hobart
Hobart
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
14,144 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2bedroom apartments

We stayed at the Salamanca Inn a few years ago and enjoyed it very much--nice accomodations with an indoor pool and spa and close to the market. However, the 2nd bedroom in the 2-bedroom suites is a loft bedroom which may not suit you with a 2.5 year old child.

Your 7-year-old might enjoy the Cadbury Chocolate Factory tour just outside of Hobart. (I'm not sure whether your younger child would be allowed on the tour, but you could ring them up to find out.) The tour definitely should be booked in advance and you can find their telephone number by checking their website: www.cadbury.com.au There are also tour companies which include a tour of the factory with a cruise or a boat ride, etc. so you could check that out too.

Mentioned in this post
Salamanca Inn
Salamanca Inn
669 Reviews
Hobart, Australia
Hobart
Hobart
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,745 posts
1,768 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2bedroom apartments

Both are in excellent positions.

I would probably go for Somerset on Salamanca, only because I remember walking past them and thinking "these apartments would be excellent for families".

The OWP are also interesting but I think your kids would prefer SOS>

I haven't stayed at either, we always stay in other hotels around this area, but I'm totally always looking for the "perfect" place in every place I go.

EM

Mentioned in this post
Salamanca Inn
Salamanca Inn
669 Reviews
Hobart, Australia
4. Re: 2bedroom apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 05:28