We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

home from tassie holiday

Kyogle, Australia
Level Contributor
600 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
home from tassie holiday

Hi regulars,

Just a quick note to say we have arrived home from our trip late this arvo.(friday). Arrived in Bris late yesterday , but caught up with our sone on Gold Coast.

BUT plans really changed when on the sat 2nd whilst I was still at work (19hrs before departure), hubby rings me to inform me that he had just had word that his brother (who was to be travelling with us) had had a mild heart attack and was in hospital-2hrs away. Well as you can imagine, this really put a spanner in the works. Anyway, to shorten a long story, by the time we saw him that night in hospital, they had cancelled ( postponed) their tickets and insisted that we still go. He had also been operated on and had a stint put in and was on the road to recovery. Better that it happened at home near a hospital and not on the flight or whilst we were doing some trekking somewhere around Tassie. Just very disppointing not to be sharing Tassie with them. But they did meet us at our sons today and looked at all the pictures and heard our tales.

With this event happening it also made us alter our trip to go in directions that we hadn't been before, slightly. Except for the first 2 nights in hobart, we didn't have anything prebooked, we were just going with the flow. The weather was kind to us, though it did snow whilst we were staying at Cradle. (Magical). The Road kill wasn't too bad, though mostly possums, which are a hugh problem down there. It also included 3 wombats, and about 10 roos ( old carcasses).

I have a few days before returning to work so will try and start writing some reports on what we did during our 1997klm road trip around tassie and where we stayed.

Cheers for now

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
15,492 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: home from tassie holiday

I remember how much you were looking forward to your trip. I'm sorry things didn't quite work out as planned. But better that it happened before you all were on the way. Best wishes to your brother-in-law.

Snow at Cradle Mountain, how wonderful! I look forward to reading more about your trip. Please let us know if you put up any photos too.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,431 posts
1,569 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: home from tassie holiday

Looking forward to reading your reports and thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear about your brother-inlaw..hopefully he is recovering from his ordeal.

3. Re: home from tassie holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 23:19