We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fly Drive Trip

Maaroom Queensland
1 post
Save Topic
Fly Drive Trip

I would like to hear from anyone who has done a fly drive trip for approx 10-11 days, we are 4 adults looking at going in November and would really like some input as best way to do this.

Jan

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
16,960 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fly Drive Trip

Hi and welcome to the forum.

First I would do a search on the Tasmania forum for "trip report". There have been some very good ones. Also keep an eye out for the current threads by FawltyTowersWatch, his last couple were about Tasmania and you should be able to find them in the most recent pages, or just do a search by his name. You could also use the search function to find the threads about the top things to see in Tassie. I think there was one about the "top ten" and one about the "top five". Also take a look at the sections listed in the panel on the left.

Then you might like to post some more information, at least some indication of your interests or a list of specific things you would like to include, so that we can tailor our replies. I think 10-11 days is a pretty good time for doing a complete loop but Tassie is a little deceptive. The roads can be winding so it takes longer than you might think to get to places, and also there's so much to see and do. My first trip was three weeks and our trip four years ago was two and a half weeks. So the more we know what's a priority for you, the more we can help you. You might like to post a draft itinerary which we can then help you refine.

Mentioned in this post
Tasmania
Tasmania
Australia
2. Re: Fly Drive Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 15:16