We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinks venue with a view of incoming yachts 27-29 December

Which Hobart hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
284 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Drinks venue with a view of incoming yachts 27-29 December

I am in Hobart right now (27 December) and would love suggestions of places for lazy afternoon-evening drinks where I can sit and watch the yachts sail in to the Cove, or towards finish line - am guessing Battery Point venues with outdoor seating might be ideal.

Suggestions and advise please!

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
25,936 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drinks venue with a view of incoming yachts 27-29 December

And with nobody else there?

Best I think you'll find in the city is the other side of the cove from Salamanca outside Henry Jones in Hunter Street. Or maybe in Mure's Upper Deck for dinner. Or T42 on the Elizabeth Street Pier would be ideal if you get a window seat.

But give a thought for Bellerive on the eastern shore. Take a picnic lunch or get fish and chips at the Fish Bar and sit on the grass at Kangaroo Bluff. Perfect!

Best of luck,

Luigi

2. Re: Drinks venue with a view of incoming yachts 27-29 December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2013, 10:17