We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hobart.. Another option? Ugghhh

Which Hobart hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
Level Contributor
129 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hobart.. Another option? Ugghhh

I have a holiday going to Sydney for 3 days then about 20 days in NZ and on the way back was looking at 3-4 days in Melbourne or Brisbane.. Now someone suggested Hobart. I know very little about Hobart other then it's the other gateway to Antarctica. Would this be worth going to for 3 days before going back to the states or should I save this for when I get back to Oz for at least a month?

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
25,629 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hobart.. Another option? Ugghhh

It's a good time of year to visit, but it may be worthwhile waiting until you have more time to spend in Tasmania.

12. Re: Hobart.. Another option? Ugghhh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 06 August 2013, 10:46
South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
25,629 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Hobart.. Another option? Ugghhh

Macca, Welcome to the forums.

TripAdvisor allows the use of a "blog" sign-off in some circumstances, but your link to a website asking for money as a tour advisor is self-promotion, advertising or solicitation. That kinda stuff is expressly banned by the Guidelines: …custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/850

Tasmania
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Hobart.. Another option? Ugghhh

Sorry please remove the web reference

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
25,629 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Hobart.. Another option? Ugghhh

You can easily remove your own post by clicking on the "Report inappropriate content" link in blue at the bottom of it, then choose "Remove My Post" in the drop-down box.

Tasmania
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Hobart.. Another option? Ugghhh

AnotherFan, I may be a little biased after having travelled the world many many times and yet to find another place better than Tasmania where I have lived for 76 years! BUT I WOULD DO BOTH, VISIT FOR THREE DAYS NOW AND COME BACK FOR A MONTH AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.

Mike.

NYC
Level Contributor
129 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Hobart.. Another option? Ugghhh

Thanks Macca.. I am looking into it to see what kind of 3 day itinerary I can come up with and if I can still do the flights I need.. if not considering sticking it out in NZ for a few days or mainland OZ this time

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,891 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Hobart.. Another option? Ugghhh

You will be better advised by the experts if you give them your dates for the Hobart stop.

Edited: 23 August 2013, 08:05
Sydney
Level Contributor
2,891 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Hobart.. Another option? Ugghhh

Sorry about that last post... please ignore!

20. Re: Hobart.. Another option? Ugghhh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2014, 05:16