We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tasman Island Cruises Full Day Tour

Cary, NC
Level Contributor
261 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Tasman Island Cruises Full Day Tour

We would like to take the full day tour from Hobart with Tasman Island Cruises next month. There are 3 full day tour optins:

1. With Extended Sightseeing (Remarkable Cave, Palmers Lookout, the township of Nubeena or the Federation Chocolate Factory) $195.00

2. With Tasmanian Devil Conservation Park $215.00

3. With Port Arthur Historic Site (3 hours exploring the Port Arthur Historic Site at your leisure in the afternoon) $225.00

Which one should we choose? This is our first trip to Australia!

Thank you.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,800 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tasman Island Cruises Full Day Tour

Definitely the Port Arthur Historic Site . IMO it's Tasmania's most important attraction and is World Heritage listed.

Hobart
Level Contributor
22 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tasman Island Cruises Full Day Tour

I would choose Port Arthur- a great insight into Australias convict history- don't miss the separate prison which many people skip as it is not on the central loop! Port Arthur is a great place to explore!

The first option will see you on a bus most of the time and while the devil park is quite good (Bonorong Park near Hobart is better in my opinion) there are sure to be other chances to see native animals while in Australia.

Cradle...
Destination Expert
for Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tasman Island Cruises Full Day Tour

Hi JayNC, IMO definitely #3 by a country mile.

Tour 1, IMO the Federation Chocolate factory is underwhelming, Nubeena as a township is not much, and I was there last week and the sign to Palmers Lookout has closed on it, and Remarkable Cave is remarkable depending on the tide.

Tour 2, I agree with Annierat post #2.

Tour 3, is perfect for the time you have coming from and returning to Hobart. By the time you get on and off the cruise leaves you just enough time to see Port Arthur historical site before heading back to Hobart.

Safe travels - Robert

4. Re: Tasman Island Cruises Full Day Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2014, 05:18