We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus service Hobart to Richmond

New Zealand
Level Contributor
95 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
bus service Hobart to Richmond

Hi, we have one day in Hobart, (off cruise ship), and would like to take the local bus through to Richmond for a couple of hours. Which bus service would you recommend we use and where would we catch the bus in Hobart? How long should we allow for the journey and is 2 hours a good time to allow to see local sights in Richmond? Many thanks for your help. Last time we were in Hobart we explored Battery Point and the Botanical gardens. Unfortunately the markets won't be open the day we are there. We thought we would go a bit further afield this visit. Many thanks for your help.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,012 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus service Hobart to Richmond

There's a public bus service from the Tassielink depot here: tassielink.com.au/timetables/richmond-campan…

Or the less-frequent Richmond shuttle from the Tourist Info Centre in Elizabeth Street: http://www.hobartshuttlebus.com/

Luigi

New Zealand
Level Contributor
95 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bus service Hobart to Richmond

Thank you for your help. I see the bus leaves from Macquarie Street. I have just googled it and see that this is a very long street. Could you please tell if the bus terminal is located in near Franklin Square? Thanks

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,012 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus service Hobart to Richmond

Franklin Square is the terminus for Metro public transport busses within Hobart - NOT Tassielink busses. I think the Tassielink depot is in Brisbane Street, between Elizabeth and Argyle. I'm sure there's a map of the location on that website.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
95 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bus service Hobart to Richmond

Thank you Luigi. Explored the website again and found the depot is in Brisbane Street. I think I got confused as they do do a pick up opposite Franklin Square, outside Total Eye Care. Now that I have figured out how to get to Richmond, I'll have to explore the website to see how to get back again. Again, many thanks for your help.

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: bus service Hobart to Richmond

I am looking for the same information and found this thread. Do they both drop us at the same place? Within Richmond will be by foot?

The public bus seems to take us there cheaper and not limiting to 4 hours as compared to the shuttle?

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,012 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bus service Hobart to Richmond

Not having travelled to Richmond by bus, i don't know where they stop, but Richmond is a small village - they'd both stop in the middle somewhere. And it's easy to get around on foot.

It may also be worth investigating exactly where each bus starts in Hobart - which is a much bigger place.

7. Re: bus service Hobart to Richmond

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2014, 05:16