We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi and Convenient shops SERVICE-TIME in HOBART?

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Taxi and Convenient shops SERVICE-TIME in HOBART?

My flight to Hobart is supposed to have arrived around 7:30pm.Since I don't want to waste my time sleeping in Hotel that night, I'm wondering if I could just take a taxi to the CBD(esp. Battery Point),sightseeing for the night-view and doing some shopping for next few days' food supplement,besides it would be better if I'm able to enjoy a nice dinner(only if the restaurants haven't closed )

So, is the taxi service available at night(around 8:00-10:00pm) and what's the approximate price then?Is there any convenience shop SERVICING in this period of time?Plus, the restaurants?

Any advice would be faithfully appreciated.Thanks!

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,534 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi and Convenient shops SERVICE-TIME in HOBART?

Are you seriously intending to just wander the streets all night?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,142 posts
1,406 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi and Convenient shops SERVICE-TIME in HOBART?

Hopefully you mean you need to do some food shopping before checking into your hotel for the night ?

Woolworths in the CBD is your best option for food.

What day are you arriving into Hobart ? Most restaurants are open in the CBD / Sullivan Cove area until 9pm for last order.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi and Convenient shops SERVICE-TIME in HOBART?

Yep.I just don't want to waste my time in Hobart. Considering next few days' itnery(which is comparatively intensive), I don't have much time staying in Hobart. So just get use of every minute. Besides, I thought 8:00pm would be the right time to view the beautiful sunset at Harbour?^_^

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi and Convenient shops SERVICE-TIME in HOBART?

Surely food shopping is necessary. Besides I thought it would be better not wasting the taxi fare from Airport to CBD by sightseeing at Battery Point or even have a nice seafood dinner as well as shopping(considering the sunset in summertime is about 8:00pm).

I will arrive into Hobart on 2014.2.4, and in my schedule, I will start my Tassie-east-coast round trip the next morning after getting a Britz at the Airport. So at the night of 2.4 I think I could only travel by Taxi or public transport. Now I wanna make sure the Taxis will be at service.(But, perhaps I could even rent a small car for merely about 4-hours usage? Would that be more economical?)

Anyway, THANK YOU for your suggestion of Woolworth! I'm sure to check it out at that time.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi and Convenient shops SERVICE-TIME in HOBART?

@Luigi

Oops. I'm sorry,pal. I think maybe I've not written a decent description which has lead to your misinterpreting. I didn't mean I want to wandering the streets all night , I just wanna spend about two hours(approximately 8:00-10:00pm) in the CBD of Hobart. I will surely get back to hotel for a next sleep coz my body need to get ready for next few days trip in Tasmania. Besides, it would be pretty freezing at night, right? ^_^

Hopefully you will not really mind my mistakes~~

Edited: 30 November 2013, 05:29
6. Re: Taxi and Convenient shops SERVICE-TIME in HOBART?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2014, 05:17