We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Five Nights in Tasmania - Fly in & Out Hobart

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Five Nights in Tasmania - Fly in & Out Hobart

Hi There

Myself & my partner fly into Hobart on a Saturday at around 4pm, we have five nights in Tasmania before flying back out of Hobart on the Thursday at 12noon.

We originally thought we could stay in Coles Bay/Freycinet our last two nights and drive to the airport the morning of our flight. Do you think this is practical? How long is the actual drive?

We'd like to spend a night or two in Hobart, visit Coles Bay/Wineglass Bay, do the penguin tour in Bicheno, visit some vineyards if possible. Oh and Port Arthur is a possibility if we have time.

Any suggestions on itineraries much appreciated!!

Thank you!

Michelle

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,631 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Five Nights in Tasmania - Fly in & Out Hobart

It's about 2.5 hours drive from Freycinet to Hobart Airport.

I'd spend the first three of your five nights in Hobart.

Unfortunately you will miss Salamanca markets as it'll be finished before you arrive in town on the Saturday evening.

I'd go to the Coal River Valley around Richmond on the Sunday for the wineries. Lunch at Frogmore Creek is good. I'd go to MONA for a day on Monday. On Tuesday head to Port Arthur and then drive up the coast to Freycinet or nearby. Wednesday in that neck of the woods. Back to the airport Thursday morning.

Have a browse through the Top Questions on the right of the page for more ideas.

Luigi

Edited: 07 January 2014, 03:40
2. Re: Five Nights in Tasmania - Fly in & Out Hobart

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2015, 05:18