We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Friday at Hobart Tasmenia

Which Hobart hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Good Friday at Hobart Tasmenia

I am visiting to Tasmenia the day before Good Friday. Can anyone tell me whether shops attractions closed on Good Friday. I am Perth . Here nothing happenning on the day of Good Friday. Is it the same at Hobart ????

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,343 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Friday at Hobart Tasmenia

Some shops -especially smaller ones - may be closed on that day. However, Easter is often the "last fling" of the tourist season, so most touristy places will be open that weekend. So Port Arthur is open, MONA is open, all National Parks are open.

It may be worthwhile planning your trip in some detail and checking the individual websites of the places you want to visit.

Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
3,557 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Friday at Hobart Tasmenia

I would suggest most shops and restaurants will be closed. I am pretty sure the supermarkets are closed too. The larger tourist restaurants like WrestPoint will be open

regards

Suzi

Hobart
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Friday at Hobart Tasmenia

I would like to know what places are open Good Friday for lunch too

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,343 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Friday at Hobart Tasmenia

I see that you're from Hobart yourself. Which places do you want to go to?

Edited: 17 March 2014, 10:43
5. Re: Good Friday at Hobart Tasmenia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2015, 04:18