We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bonorong

NC
Level Contributor
43 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Bonorong

I will be in Hobart for one day on a cruise in late October. I would like to go to Bonorong in particular and was advised the best way to go would be to take a taxi. Can anyone give me an idea of the cost of taking a taxi there from Hobart and how I would arrange for my return. My last resort will be to join a tour group, but am not too keen on that. Thanks.

Cradle...
Destination Expert
for Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
Level Contributor
12,185 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bonorong

Hi,

Haven't personally used a taxi in Hobart, but have a look at this taxi calculator -

http://www.taxifare.com.au/

When I did the Hobart to Bonorong, it showed $57 each way.

I would have thought the ship would have a shore excursion to Bonorong?

Safe travels - Robert

Edited: 10 June 2014, 23:49
NC
Level Contributor
43 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bonorong

Thank you.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,776 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bonorong

Hi!

I can't help with taxi cost, but just wanted to encourage you to visit Bonorong! We went recently and went on a private 'feeding frenzy tour' with Bob. It was the BEST wildlife experience of our lives (and we are wildlife lovers). We handled kangaroos, koalas, sugar gliders, and a baby wombat. We had a tug of war with a Tassie devil and a spotted quoll. It was INCREDIBLE and we learnt so much.

I hope you get to visit :)

Abs :)

4. Re: Bonorong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2015, 05:16