We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Ocean Road in a Motorhome rental

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Great Ocean Road in a Motorhome rental

4 adults (2 couples) are planning a 10 day trip in Sept driving a rental Motorhome around the Great Ocean Road area. I am looking for any advice on what kind of rental, best deals, and where we should stay?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,241 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Ocean Road in a Motorhome rental

Rentals check www.drivenow.com.au

Sites www.goseeaustralia.com.au

Distances www.auinfo.com

www.visitvictoria.com

Geelong...
Destination Expert
for Geelong, Great Ocean Road
Level Contributor
6,821 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Ocean Road in a Motorhome rental

What dates are you looking at? School holidays could impact on the availability of camp sites. These are 20/09 - 6/10 this year.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great Ocean Road in a Motorhome rental

hmm sorry, I could of sworn I had replied to this. Our dates are Sept 15th to 24th

Geelong...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,821 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great Ocean Road in a Motorhome rental

It looks as though school holidays may impact on your plans. I would suggest you pre book accommodation in some of the smaller towns on the GOR.

It might be worthwhile considering hiring a car instead of a motorhome and staying in Motels or Cabins as this may be a cheaper option.

If you do a search on TA you will find heaps of recent posts. www.visitvictoria.com.au has more info as well.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great Ocean Road in a Motorhome rental

ok thats good to know thanks. Our school holidays start a week later in the West. There are a bunch of us heading over to run the Surf Coast 100km. Then my husband and another couple have extended our stay till after the Grand Final, we have booked our 4 nights accommodation in Melbourne already for that weekend now we just have to fill in about 10 days of touring that beautiful part of the country :)

Geelong...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,821 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Great Ocean Road in a Motorhome rental

If you are heading to the GOR from the Melbourne end there is an information centre at the service station Geelong bound just north of the Avalon airport, where you will be able to stock up on maps and whatever extra info you need.

Hope you enjoy your visit to this beautiful part of Vic and return home with lots of great memories of your trip.

Safe travels.

7. Re: Great Ocean Road in a Motorhome rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2015, 04:19