We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday visa required for Aus

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
167 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday visa required for Aus

Hi,

We are coming out to Australia the beginning of July. We have been told that we need a temporary holiday visa. Does anyone know if this is supplied on the flight (when we go to the states we get to fill out a visa waiver form on the plane)? We are flying with emirates. I will need to find out in case I need to organise this separately myself!

Thanks,

Jill ; )

Glenlyon, Australia
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday visa required for Aus

Have you been to the Department of Immigration website....the government websites I find usually have all the infomration required for entering there country;

http://www.immi.gov.au

No they are not issued on the plane.

Caernarfon, United...
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday visa required for Aus

you need to apply for a visa here in the uk- i paid £15 for mine thru my travel agent, to get the e-visa

Lancs, England
Level Contributor
257 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday visa required for Aus

If you do a search on google you will find a site called something like Fast Oz visa. I used that and it was only £7. They email you your visa confirmation so just make sure it doesn't end up in your junk email! I just printed off this confirmation as proof that I had paid incase there were any problems but there weren't. You don't actually see any paperwork for your visa as it just shows when your passport is swiped at immigration.

Glenlyon, Australia
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday visa required for Aus

\Why pay someone...you can apply online with the website noted above....direct with the appropriate department.

Sutton on Sea UK
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday visa required for Aus

I got mine online for $15.50

www.evisastoaustralia.com. I live in UK and had no bother paying with credit card. You get a print out that you carry with you but it isn't needed as they have all details .

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
167 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday visa required for Aus

Thank you everyone! Will get this sorted out tomorrow.

Jill ; )

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
13,282 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday visa required for Aus

Yes, as 6andy6 points out, why pay extra for someone else to get the ETA when you can do it yourself on their website, www.immi.gov.au? The Australian Goverment charges AUD20.00 for the ETA, which comes out to about 8.50 British pounds.

8. Re: Holiday visa required for Aus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 13:16