We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Tour with a Difference

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
Level Contributor
496 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
A Tour with a Difference

I have just come home from a trip to Melbourne and did the one day Great Ocean Road tour with a company called "A tour with a difference". It was a great day out, starting at 7.15 from my accommodation and returning about 9 pm.

It is a family company with a Mercedes small bus with comfortable seats and only takes 9 people per tour. It included morning tea, lunch at a hotel and light evening meal in a cafe overlooking the water at Port Campbell. They take only small groups and I found that everyone joined in and bonded very quickly - like a big family. The two tour guides (Grace and James) were friendly and knowledgeable, took us to all the sights and because the Gibson Steps were closed for repairs, they even took us to an extra attraction (which had an entry fee) at no extra cost to the guests.

They also do a tour into the Yarra Valley.

The cost of the tour seems to me to be less than most other companies, especially when you take into account that meals are provided. They have a website www.atwad.com.au

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
5,042 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A Tour with a Difference

Thanks for your advice Nanna. I think it's always worth while posting information like yours.

Englewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A Tour with a Difference

Thanks for the review. I'll be going with them in November, good to read positive reviews. So, what was the extra attraction?

3. Re: A Tour with a Difference

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 08:15