We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gold Coast

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Phil
11 posts
Save Topic
Gold Coast

Hi everyone!

My wife and I are taking our 3 sons ages 13, 11 and 9 to Gold Coast. We want to spend more time in Dreamworld and Warner Bros. Which airport should we fly in? Coolangatta or Brisbane? Which apartment hotel is somewhere near these two attractions? Hope somebody could be of help. Thanks!

HJ

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gold Coast

Hello Phil020,

The Gold Coast Airport would seem the best bet, as Brisbane Airport is north of the city. But any questions about these places would be much better put onto the Brisbane or Gold Coast forums.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,138 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gold Coast

also might be good to post on the Qld forum as they might be able to help you more :)

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
691 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gold Coast

definately fly into coolangatta. I'd stay around Main beach area, you are going to the gold coast you do want to see the beach?

Dreamworld and WB movie world are situated a good 20 min out of goldy towards brisbane.there's transport to the attractions readily available. You can buy tickets at discount prices on line, good idea as it saves you lining up.

Phil
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Gold Coast

Thank you so much for your suggestion. We prefer the theme parks more than the beach. Would like to stay in an area not so far from them with lots of shops and restos.

Phil
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Gold Coast

Thanks so much everyone for your replies even if I'm at the wrong forum. I realized that after I posted it. But I still got great help! Thanks!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gold Coast

Hi Phil!

I would definitely suggest flying into Coolangatta, and staying on the Gold Coast, as there is so much more for children/teens there than in Brisbane. The attractions are closer to the GC than BNE, and are a short journey by bus, car or taxi from Surfers, so I recommend any apmts., serviced or otherwise, depending on your budget, in Surfers, Southport or Main Beach.

Hope this helps, Phil!

7. Re: Gold Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 06:18