We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6am flight - hotel options?

Glasgow
Level Contributor
182 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
6am flight - hotel options?

Hi we have booked our flight to Brisbane & Gold Coast flying 6am from Tullamarine Airport. As our family live in Cranbourne it would prob be wiser to stay at a hotel the night before we fly. Can anyone suggest somewhere that is not too expensive. It will be for 2 adults and 1 child on 5th January. Thanks.

Best Seller
Great Ocean Road Small-Group Ecotour...
1,358 reviews
from US$105.90*
Best Seller
Phillip Island Tour from Melbourne
593 reviews
from US$134.50*
Best Seller
Yarra Valley Wine and Winery Tour...
725 reviews
from US$105.90*
Phillip Island Brighton Beach...
420 reviews
from US$105.90*
australia
Destination Expert
for New South Wales, Noosa
Level Contributor
3,272 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6am flight - hotel options?

If you can survive with just a bed, shower and tv, there is a Formulae 1 hotel at Melbourne airport. They are small and basic (I described everything except the alarm clock), and usually really clean and much the cheaper option.. The budget arm of the Accor Hotel group.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6am flight - hotel options?

We stayed here for our last night in Melbourne to be close to Tullamarine, they have a free shuttle to the airport, although we didn't use it as we had a hire car to take back.

Rooms were a bit old, my husband and children used the resturant which they said was nice, and it took a couple of minutes to reach the airport.

www.choicehotels.com.au/hotels/hotel…

Rene

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,754 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 6am flight - hotel options?

have you tried looking on www.wotif.com.au

mind you,depends upon your budget,cheapest decent I saw was MAntra Tullamarine,nice new property for $149,may have to see if that could include the child in that rate aswell.(how old?)

They will provide transfers,but at asmall fee,just email and ask them,ie the Mantra.

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,754 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 6am flight - hotel options?

oops sorry,that rate was an executive studio apartment and included one child

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
399 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 6am flight - hotel options?

If you also look at motels in Tullamarine itself, they all run shuttles to the airport...Best Western, Choice and others....Wotif will have the full list or last minute. Way cheaper then even the Mantra

australia
Destination Expert
for New South Wales, Noosa
Level Contributor
3,272 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 6am flight - hotel options?

Will they run shuttles early enough to catch a 6am flight though - lot of hotels/motels in other cities offer shuttles but only at business hour times or it is really a city-airport shuttle diverting via there property when booked.

I think the walking distance at the airport is the best opyion in this case....either upmarket or budget Formule1. Anything else and you may as well have a night in the city near Southern Cross and take a frequent running SkyBus which is a 20 minute ride direct to the airport.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,584 posts
1,601 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 6am flight - hotel options?

The closest hotel is the Hilton...which is worth shopping around to get a good deal.

North Queensland
Level Contributor
2,208 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 6am flight - hotel options?

The Hilton have an advance purchase rate if you go on to their website, I'm staying there next week, can't remember the exact rate. That seems to be the only one that is accessable by foot. Anyhow check our their website

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,754 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 6am flight - hotel options?

I thought the Mantra was a pretty good price,if their shuttle isnt avail,get a taxi,maybe.

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
5,785 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 6am flight - hotel options?

MarleneRay, there are two hotels located within walking distance of the airport terminals. The Hilton and the Melbourne Airport Centra (formally the Travelodge). I have recently stayed at the Centra and it is a good "cheaper" option to the Hilton. It has been completely refurbished and is quite comfortable inside.

oztravel.com.au/summaries/Hotel_Melbourne_VI…