We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melbourne Accommodation with Balconies

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
156 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Melbourne Accommodation with Balconies

Hi All,

Am returning to Melbourne in January for a longer stay than my previous trip. Can anyone advise on apartments/ hotels that provide a balcony?? Thanks in advance :)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,076 posts
1,389 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Melbourne Accommodation with Balconies

The Quay West Apartments overlooking the Yarra River at Southbank have lovely large balconies.

mirvachotels.com/quay-west-suites-melbourne

Also look on www.wotif.com.au under CBD Melbourne and see what else is available with balconies - all facilities are listed -

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
156 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Melbourne Accommodation with Balconies

Thanks for that, Ellemay.

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Melbourne Accommodation with Balconies

Stamford Plaza

Mantra on Russell

Medina chain

OAks on Collins and Lonsdale

Quest apartments

hope that helps

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
156 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Melbourne Accommodation with Balconies

Cheers, lilyana! Much appreciated indeed :)

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Beijing, Lijiang
Level Contributor
9,564 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Melbourne Accommodation with Balconies

Hi,

Not sure if this helps but you did mention you are in Melbourne for a longer stay & wanted a place with a balcony - I recently stayed at the Summer Inn Apartments. They are in Essendon but very close to the city.

They are new and very handy for longer stays as they come with a full kitchen & have a laundry. Also undercover security parking, a quick walk to supermarket & restaurants. Also a big plus is public transport right out the front to get you into the CBD quick & not have to worry about parking. All the apartments come with balconies. Also lots of extras like free cable channels with movies & sport, CD, DVD played, internet etc, etc. I have not put in a review yet but will do one soon. They don't have their own website but you can find them on http://www.wotif.com/hotels/summer-inn.html. So to sum up new, heaps cheaper than staying in the CBD but close to the city & come with everything.

I live near Melbourne on the Peninsula so when we come into Melbourne we tend to stay overnight so have stayed at a number of places in the CBD. Lilyana I am not sure the Stamford Plaza has balconies. Have stayed their 4 times but the only time we had a balcony is when we got an upgrade to the Penthouse;)

As mentioned by Ellemay the Quay West Apartments are terrific. Very well located with good sized balconies.

Quest apartments are also great value and there are quite a few of them in different parts of the CBD. Not all have balconies tho so you might need to check their website. The ones in Southbank are particularly good and most of the rooms there come with a balcony.

Keep in mind when you check for places with a balcony some hotels have teeny weeny ones that are not very practical. The Westin comes to mind as they do have some rooms with balconies but the room with balcony we had was more Romeo & Juliet style. You got a nice view from the balcony but they were so small it was standing room only.

Annie

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
156 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Melbourne Accommodation with Balconies

Hi Annie,

Thanks for your info. and sounds ideal in all ways. Must check into it as not fussed about the actual CBD as long as can get into it easily. Sounds like it's a goer!

Cheers :>)

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Beijing, Lijiang
Level Contributor
9,564 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Melbourne Accommodation with Balconies

Your welcome:)

We were with friends so had 2 apartments both of which were great. The apartment at the back of the hotel was slightly better as it was a bit sunnier & quieter. The apartment at the front of the hotel was still good. We thought this one might have been a bit noisier due to the road but it wasn't a problem.

If you end up staying there Puckle Street is also not far away - good for a bit of a look;)

Melboune
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Melbourne Accommodation with Balconies

Quest Richmond was recently mentioned - see:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255100-i278-k3190…

-- G

Melbourne
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Melbourne Accommodation with Balconies

Hi I'm from Melbourne and my parents stay at place in South Yarra called The Manor House Apartments. It's a great position as it's close to some of Melbourne's best restaurants and shopping and only 5-10mins from CBD. I'm not sure if every room has a balcony but they have stayed there on numerous occasions each time in different rooms, and all of them had balconies. It's a really nice place and the folks always talk up the staff. Hope that helps :-)

www.manorhouse.com

Edited: 18 December 2009, 05:11
Vancouver
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Melbourne Accommodation with Balconies

Alot of the Park Hyatt rooms have big balconies.

It's in an excellent position too, East Melbourne, right on the edge of the city, but away from the hustle and bustle... :)