We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reach phillip island to see circuit e penguin parade

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
reach phillip island to see circuit e penguin parade

I want to spend a day in Philip Island, to see (at least) the penguin parade and also to do a visit to P.I. Circuit, making this tour

www.phillipislandcircuit.com.au/tours.php

How can I reach the island by myself?

do you know a day tour from melbourne who foresee both?

Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: reach phillip island to see circuit e penguin parade

I forgot to write that I can't hire a car.

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: reach phillip island to see circuit e penguin parade

We visited the Circuit and the penguins, but did it via rental car. The museum at the Circuit is small but very interesting; 30 minuites will allow a good visit unless you are extremely interested in some aspect. Museum admission allows you walk the ground where there's a garden and several view points that overlook the track. The cafe is unusually good, they have sandwiches, soup, etc.

The Circuit is about 5km from the Penguins. Possibly there is bus service to PI where you can take a taxi to the local sites. There are many tours to PI for the penguins and wildlife parks but I don't recall any to the Circuit. Maybe one of the smaller tour companies will be willing to drop you off at the Cicuit while they visit another venue, then pick you up afterwards to see the penguins.

East Gippsland
Level Contributor
3,967 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: reach phillip island to see circuit e penguin parade

Try www.yha.com.au the youth Hostel assoc. who have tours to various places

ATWAD A tour with a difference is a small group tour and may incorporate your wishes

Go West may be of help also.

There are reviews here on TA for these tours companies. , but perhaps not the YHA.

melbourne.gumtree.com.au may be of help or you can place your own free advertisement for the date you expect to visit in the share/drive or the tour/travel sections.

East Gippsland
Level Contributor
3,967 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: reach phillip island to see circuit e penguin parade

This iosw the reply from the PI info centre. :-

Thank you for your enquiry. There is 2 ways that you can travel to Phillip Island without a vehiclefrom Melbourne. One is by using the public transport system by catching a train to asuburb named Dandenong and then a bus to Phillip Island. You may need tostay overnight if you choose this option, especially if wanting toattend the penguin parade as it may be hard to get a return bus atnight.The public transport company is called Viclink and you can obtain atimetable from them either by calling 136 196 or on their websitewww.viclink.com.au Your 2nd option is to use a tour company that operate from Melbourne.Here are some companies that you can contact to find out what therecurrent offers are... AAT Kings www.aatkings.com.au Phone:03 9663 3377 Go West Tours www.gowest.com.au Phone: 03 9877 4264 Autopia Tours www.autopiatours.com.au Phone: 03 9419 8878 Melbournes best tours Phone: 1300 130 550 Kind Regards Shar BarnardVisitor Services Officer t (03) 5956 7447 | f (03) 5956 7095 |

5. Re: reach phillip island to see circuit e penguin parade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2010, 05:17