We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Returning to Tullamarine from Melbourne CBD

Lake Macquarie, NSW...
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Returning to Tullamarine from Melbourne CBD

We are staying at Travelodge Southbank. Our flight home is booked for 11.45 am on a Sunday morning.

Allowing for traffic, what time do you think we should leave the hotel for Tullamarine. We would like to be at airport by 10.45 am.

We will be using Skybus.

Thank you

Chris

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Returning to Tullamarine from Melbourne CBD

I would get the 10am or 10.10am Skybus. At that time, and on a Sunday, the trip should only take 20-25 minutes, but I would rather be safe than sorry!

Depending how much luggage you have, it's an easy 10-15 minute walk from Travelodge. Or you could take a cab - will take no more than 5 minutes if traffic lights are in your favor.

Edited: 14 August 2010, 23:49
Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
5,787 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Returning to Tullamarine from Melbourne CBD

When flying, I am always over cautious! I always allow for the worst case scenario - but on a Sunday morning, the traffic should be light. I agree with Kate, that the trip on Skybus should only be 20 - 25 minutes. I would aim to get to the airport at about 10.30 am.

Lake Macquarie, NSW...
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Returning to Tullamarine from Melbourne CBD

Thank you all -

This is the best travel site - I have always used Trip Advisor when organising all holidays!!!

Chris

4. Re: Returning to Tullamarine from Melbourne CBD

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2011, 07:18