We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melbourne Airport- transfer time

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
55 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Melbourne Airport- transfer time

Hi, I will be going to Melbourne mid of March by Jetstar. Based on the schedule, I will reach Melbourne airport (Tull) at 6.55 AM. I am considering to take a domestic jetstar flight from Melbourne to Sydney at 10.30 AM on the same day. Please give ur opinion if 3.5hours is enough ? (I don't have a check in luggage). Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
747 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Melbourne Airport- transfer time

If you don't have check in luggage and you check in online before you take your first flight, then you will have plenty of time, unless your first flight is delayed by more than 2 hours.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
830 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Melbourne Airport- transfer time

Without checked-in luggage you should be fine, PROVIDED your inbound flight is on time. Jetstar enforces the closing of check-in very strictly.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Melbourne Airport- transfer time

It should be more than enough. If you go to Sydney also by Jetstar, they have a flight every 2 hours. If you're late because of their mistake (delayed inbound flight), then you should be able to get a seat in the next flight, I would have thought.

Singapore
Level Contributor
55 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Melbourne Airport- transfer time

Thanks for all reply. I have another question. Can i take the next flight (melb to sydney) directly without go through the immigration&customs?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
747 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Melbourne Airport- transfer time

No, you will need to clear immigration and customs 1st.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Melbourne Airport- transfer time

You will have to clear customs and immigration In Melbourne before you can fly to Sydney as your incoming international flight terminates in Melbourne.

Even so you should be able to make the next flight as the terminals are very close, provided the incoming flight arrives on time.

A word of warning also that your flight to Sydney is a seperate booking so Jetstar will not necessarily let you switch flights without penalty if you miss it, in the event that their Singapore / Mel flight is late. I would check with them to clarify this, as I know their policies can be very harsh and strictly enforced.

Singapore
Level Contributor
55 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Melbourne Airport- transfer time

Thanks for all replies. 2 weeks ago I went to Jakarta (Indonesia) by another budget airlines and the flight was delayed for 2 hours. I don't dare to take risk for my australia trip, I have booked the ticket from Melb to Sydney on Sun (13Mar).

8. Re: Melbourne Airport- transfer time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 13:15