We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any public transport from city to airport besides taxi?

kuala lumpur
3 posts
Save Topic
any public transport from city to airport besides taxi?

hi all,

its my first time to melbourne. is there any public transport from city to airport besides taxi? upon arrival, my hotel will arrange pick up but return have to be pre-arrange by myself. thanks.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
906 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any public transport from city to airport besides taxi?

Hi crystalmay. Which airport? There are two servicing Melbourne, Tullamarine and Avalon. Also, which hotel are you staying at? That will help locals direct you to suitable public transport options.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
906 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any public transport from city to airport besides taxi?

Also, the time of your departing flight would assist.

Melboune
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: any public transport from city to airport besides taxi?

See the link "How do I get from the airport to the city" at the top right of the Melbourne forum page _

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g255100-s301/Melbourn…

When returning to the airport, the same options exist. Skybus is a popular choice, from Southern Cross terminal (but with shuttle pickups from city hotels if arranged in advance).

Glenlyon, Australia
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: any public transport from city to airport besides taxi?

Check the Melbourne airport website - amazing what you find..

melbourneairport.com.au/To-From-the-Airport/…

kuala lumpur
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: any public transport from city to airport besides taxi?

Guys,

thanks for all reply. I be staying at city square motel and flight depart in noon. I think my flight is at tullamarine, there is no indication of airport.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
906 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: any public transport from city to airport besides taxi?

Tullamarine is the main Melbourne airport. Your booking/ticket should show the airport code MEL. Some low cost carrier flights (e.g., Jetstar, Tiger) use Avalon (AVV). Just wanted to make sure we recommended the correct transport options for you.

As others have mentioned, the Skybus from Southern Cross Railway Station in Spencer Street is a popular way to get to Tullamarine. Whenever I visit Melbourne I use it to get to and from the airport.

From your motel, it's about a 1.5km walk to the Skybus terminal, or you could catch the tram down Collins Street, or organise the Skybus shuttle to collect you from the motel - you need to book this at least a day in advance:

skybus.com.au/service-info-buses-and-transfe…

Happy travelling.

7. Re: any public transport from city to airport besides taxi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 03:16