We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Western Atlantis or Bay View Eden - which one to stay?

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
139 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Best Western Atlantis or Bay View Eden - which one to stay?

Hi

I am travelling from Sydney to Melbourne with my 10 year daughter for 5 nights between 30 July - 5 August.

She has to compete for 5 days at the Melbourne Aquatic Centre.

We like the looks of both the Atlantis and the Bayview because both have indoor heated pools. The Atlantis looks good because it is close the the City but the BayView also looks good becuase we can possible (??) walk to the venue through Albert park.

Any suggestions where we should stay. We are opne to other motels besides these options if there is a better option

Expedia has a 72 hour sale on both motels at the moments so the 6 nights is looking to cost us under $700

Many Thanks

Karen

Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,269 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Western Atlantis or Bay View Eden - which one to stay?

This is a difficult one. We stayed at the Atlantis in January and found it perfectly acceptable as far as cleanliness and staff attitude was concerned. However, I have noticed several less than satisfactory reviews (you'll see mine there also). One thing I will say is that it is very central and we found the walk into the CBD relatively easy. It's also on a tram route and the "free" tram is just around the corner.

2. Re: Best Western Atlantis or Bay View Eden - which one to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 09:24