We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jetbay melbourne airport parking nightmare

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Jetbay melbourne airport parking nightmare

Hi guys, this weekend I made the foolish mistake of parking offsite in a private company near Melbourne Airport- Jetbay. The long and the short of it is that they severely damaged my car- two huge scratches which a panel beater has told me will cost over $900 to fix. On the night the staff member took responsibility for it and said "these things happen". I was unimpressed by this and asked to speak to the manager. I was told there was no manager. I tried calling the company 30 times that night- no answer. I have photos of the damage and staff members.

I noticed other people have had this problem- I would NEVER park with this company again...could anyone who's had this problem and complained/ had it resolved let me know what happened? thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Victoria, Road Trips
Level Contributor
4,537 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jetbay melbourne airport parking nightmare

Anna, your location says Sydney so not sure why you are parking in Melbourne?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jetbay melbourne airport parking nightmare

When I signed up for tripadvisor a couple of years ago I was studying at usyd. Have since moved back to hometown of Melb. Satisfied?! I'm not sure of the point of questioning why I parked in Melbourne ?

Edited: 21 September 2011, 00:26
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jetbay melbourne airport parking nightmare

When I signed up for tripadvisor a couple of years ago I was studying at usyd. Have since moved back to hometown of Melb. Satisfied?! I'm not sure of the point of questioning why I parked in Melbourne ?

Edited: 21 September 2011, 00:27
Broadford, Australia
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jetbay melbourne airport parking nightmare

Anna,

There is a Facebook page about this company.

https:/…

They might have some info about complaints and if they are ever resolved.

I have seen Jetbay crop up a few times recently as Bad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

You could change your location to melbourne now if you wanted I suppose. I have no option with mine. Tripadvisor doesn't list my actual location so I have to choose somewhere close-ish.

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
5,282 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jetbay melbourne airport parking nightmare

Anna, do not take Ellen's question personally. I can not talk on behalf of Ellen, but Ellen has asked a valid question.

Please be aware that some people and or companies use this forum to criticise competitors. Having said that, no one is questioning your story. Ellen had a valid question - that's all.

Parking and transport companies to and from, or near the airport are probably the main source of complaints on this forum.

I wish you all the best with your problem.

Glenlyon, Australia
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jetbay melbourne airport parking nightmare

Not only that Anna. Its is prolly a legitimate question to ask - as you may or may not be aware people do use this forum to get back at people/firms (in fact such an issue has been the subject of newspaper articles locally and overseas).

For example - given you signed up in 2010 (1 year ago) and never made any postings until today but made 4 in one day on the same subject. Some would look at that and question it. As this appears to be one subject we get a lot of 'one time' or solo subject postings.

However, back on topic. You can always take them to Consumer Affairs but from what I have heard they simply ignore them as well. It really comes down to how much you want to pursue them - and how much you think its worth pursuing them for. Most end giving up as the cost of following up a couple of scratches is not worth the time or effort despite them wanting to punch the owners in the face.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,138 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jetbay melbourne airport parking nightmare

Why anyone would trust anything located in Westmeadows/Broadmeadows baffles me...!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
747 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jetbay melbourne airport parking nightmare

Thank you Anna1834 for taking the time to post and warn others, whether it your first or hundredth post doesn't not matter. While researching airport parking tonight i found many complaints about jetbay your not alone and maybe the so called expert should know this.

Why anyone would trust anything located in Westmeadows/Broadmeadows baffles me...!! Strange comment BrawBlether why this comment ? you recommended jetbay a few days ago.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,138 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jetbay melbourne airport parking nightmare

You must have been reading someone else's post Davnic1 as I've never been to Jetbay. Jetport Parking on the other hand, is where I go and is excellent.

You'll of course have read countless negative posts in the forums about Jetbay. They may well be a dodgy company, I have no idea, but as a large number of regulars here will attest, they have had a highly suspicious amount of first time posters ranting about them. Sour grapes and a massive hate campaign is certain.

(Welcome to the Melbourne forums by the way.)

Edited: 25 September 2011, 13:21
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Victoria, Road Trips
Level Contributor
4,537 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jetbay melbourne airport parking nightmare

As mentioned in most of these posts, we get a lot of complaints about this company on the forums, often by first time posters. While some are probably genuine, it is hard to tell from the first post. People use the forums for self promotion as well as to bad mouth the competition.

I think you'll find that the only people recommending Jetbay are first time posters though:)