We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melbourne Hotel with Outdoor Pool

Sydney
Level Contributor
231 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Melbourne Hotel with Outdoor Pool

Hi All

Can someone help me find a nice hotel 4-5 star please in Melboune preferrably in the city or close to it with an outdoor pool?

I am finding it very hard to find...

Also, what are the new Crowne hotels like - I am confused with all 3 we want good location, relaxing and good size rooms.

thank you

Bec

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
386 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Melbourne Hotel with Outdoor Pool

Hi Bec,

The Hilton On the Park has a nice out door pool and is well located near MCG and Rod Laver arena, and a very easy tram, train or taxi into the cbd

I also believe there is an outdoor pool at the Bayview on the Park in Queens Road opposite Albert Park.

Have a look at the websites and Tripadvisor reviews to see if they are suitable for you.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,728 posts
1,679 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Melbourne Hotel with Outdoor Pool

Hi,

Most 4-5* hotels in melbourne have indoor swimming pools. The only ones I can think of are -

Accommodation Star Docklands Apartments has outdoor swimming pool.

Crowne Plaza has outdoor SP too.

Mentioned in this post
Crowne Plaza Melbourne
Crowne Plaza Melbourne
1,604 Reviews
Melbourne, Australia
Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Melbourne Hotel with Outdoor Pool

Hello beclove3,

The boutique Adelphi Hotel in Flinders Lane - http://www.adelphi.com.au/ - couldn't be more central to everything and has an outdoor pool partly overhanging Flinders Lane below.

Mentioned in this post
Adelphi Hotel
Adelphi Hotel
1,283 Reviews
Melbourne, Australia
Glenlyon, Australia
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Melbourne Hotel with Outdoor Pool

Holiday Inn on Flinders, Crowne Plaza and Hilton on the Park (not to be confused with the Hilton Southbank) both have outdoor pools.

The Rydges on Exhibition st also used to have an outdoor pool on the roof. Not sure if it still has (haven't been there for a long while)

Edited: 27 October 2011, 09:55
Mentioned in this post
Crowne Plaza Melbourne
Crowne Plaza Melbourne
1,604 Reviews
Melbourne, Australia
Philly, PA
Level Contributor
758 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Melbourne Hotel with Outdoor Pool

Yes, Rydges has a rooftop pool. Was a bit chilly for us to swim though in April. :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Melbourne Hotel with Outdoor Pool

Quest apartments on the edge of city - Royal gardens have an outdoor pool. What time of the year are you travelling?

7. Re: Melbourne Hotel with Outdoor Pool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2012, 05:18