We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

recomendation on places to stay

Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
recomendation on places to stay

Howdy.

I have been looking for hotels to stay at, any recomendations anyone can add? looking for 150 -180 price range per night. I am looking for a hotel that has a washer and dryer if possible. Might be close to mass transit. Maybe staying 3 - 4 nights. I hoping to go to see any live music if possible, or winery tours, good places for beer and any beaches that a person could recomend. I am sure i missing some things.

I did look at possible going to if I can fit it all in.

Old melbourne Gaol

Rooftop Bar

Acklund Street cake shops

Beligian Beer cafe Bluestone

Koala Conservation center

Possible cricket game ?

Broadford, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,610 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: recomendation on places to stay

Hi, the Koala Conservation Centre is in Phillip Island and if you have no car, would need to be done as a day tour.

Cricket is on from about November till March. Did you want an international game or just a local match?

I would concentrate on apartment style hotels where you are more likely to find a washer/dryer and for 3-4 nights is a good options as they will have a kitchenette.

There is a second Belgian Beer Cafe in Eureka tower too. Plenty of beer options in Melbourne. There is the James Squire brewhouse in Docklands, with water glimpses. St Kilda is also a beachside suburb with some upstairs bars on Ackland St and a funky feel.

Any of the CBD/Southbank/Docklands accommodation is close to public transport, if that's what you mean by Mass Transit, a term we don't generally use here in Australia.

Mentioned in this post
Phillip Island
Phillip Island
Victoria, Australia
Melbourne
Melbourne
Victoria, Australia
St Kilda
St Kilda
Port Phillip, Australia
Southbank
Southbank
1,897 Reviews
Melbourne, Australia
Australia
Australia
South Pacific
Bonny Hills...
Level Contributor
201 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: recomendation on places to stay

I posted this the other day on another enquiry site:

I have stopped at the Harbour View Apartment Hotel - sounds pricey but very reasonable. It is just over the road from the main Southern Cross Railway Station and on the tram line through LaTrobe Street.

You could enjoy the precincts of the city without a car for the time in the city to save on cost, making use of the free tram and the free bus.

Mentioned in this post
Harbour View Apartment Hotel
Harbour View Apartment...
350 Reviews
Melbourne, Australia
central coast nsw
Level Contributor
527 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: recomendation on places to stay

Hi,

Thinking a serviced apartment could suit. I've stayed at City Tempo in the Cbd that fits on price & is less than 10 mins walk from Southern Cross station/transit hub. They have 1 br studios with laundry & kitchen facility's for < $180 a nite, depending on the time of your visit.

Mentioned in this post
City Tempo
City Tempo
1,456 Reviews
Melbourne, Australia
Southern Cross Station
Southern Cross Station
197 Reviews
Melbourne, Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
145 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: recomendation on places to stay

Have a look at Punthill Apartments Flinders Lane, they have a guest laundry, kitchen facilities and the position is absolutely central. Transport is around the corner and bars and restaurants are walking distance. Degraves Lane is right next door for great coffee and breakfasts. The price is right, it variesdepending on the size of the room and the time you are going.

5. Re: recomendation on places to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2013, 10:16