We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where should i stay to catch the morning flight?

Hong Kong, China
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where should i stay to catch the morning flight?

Would like to ask if it is better to stay 1 night at airport hotel to catch morning flight at 0740 hrs or stay at CBD hotel and take a taxi on that early morning at 5 am? The skybus should not start to operate and will there be surcharge for a taxi in the early morning?

Karen

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
366 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where should i stay to catch the morning flight?

Skybus run every 15-20 mins from Southern Cross Station to Melbourne Airport 24/7, the earliest departure is 0015

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
5,539 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where should i stay to catch the morning flight?

If the only reason you were staying at the airport is because you were worried about getting there in the morning, then I would not bother. As has been said, the Skybus runs 24/7 and if you were to catch the 5.15 or 5.30 am service you would be there within 20 minutes.

skybus.com.au/uploads/SkyBus_timetable_Spenc…

Hong Kong, China
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where should i stay to catch the morning flight?

But there will be no hotel transfer bus services from hotel to skybus stop. Is it safe to walk in early morning from Medina Grand to skybus station?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
102 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where should i stay to catch the morning flight?

As Medina Grand is only 500 meters walk to Southern Cross Station, which only take about 10 min max.

As long as you walk on the main road, the Queens St & Bourke Rd in the morning, you should be ok.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where should i stay to catch the morning flight?

medina grand is right next to the station where the bus leaves from.

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,050 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where should i stay to catch the morning flight?

Median Grand is 3 blocks from Southern Cross Station. Try Vibe Savoy, it is only a 100 metres or so from the Station.

7. Re: Where should i stay to catch the morning flight?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2013, 10:29