We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre-paid Micro-SIM card for IPhone

Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pre-paid Micro-SIM card for IPhone

Would you know if this can be bought at the airport? And how much would it cost?

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre-paid Micro-SIM card for IPhone

Yes, would love to know this too - am arriving in 24hrs time for 3 day visit, just need a iPhone sim for data only to access email etc.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,132 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pre-paid Micro-SIM card for IPhone

You can get prepaid cards at any supermarket, 7/11 or convenience store.

I've not noticed retailers in the arrivals hall at either Sydney or Melbourne, but I'd be surprised if they didn't have a presence.

There are three major carriers - Telstra, Vodophone and Optus. In addition you will also see a number of other cards, Amaysim, Virgin, 3 to name a few.

If you are staying in major cities then it doesn't really make any difference which one you get. Out in the country, Telstra has the best coverage, but they are generally the most expensive. I'm hearing really good things about Amaysim from visitors.

Have a look at this website. http://prepaidplans.com.au/ It will give you up to date information about some of the deals currently available (they change all the time).

Edited: 06 March 2012, 22:42
Broadford, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,604 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pre-paid Micro-SIM card for IPhone

There is an Optus on the ground floor arrivals level. Turn right as you go out the door after the quarantine officials have let you go.

Edited: 06 March 2012, 23:57
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Pre-paid Micro-SIM card for IPhone

Thanks for all your replies!

Victoria
Level Contributor
179 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pre-paid Micro-SIM card for IPhone

There's actually a Telstra special running at the Coles supermarket at the moment - $10 for the $30 starter pack. Depending on which plan you choose, $30 of credits can give you quite a lot of calls, texts and browsing over the 30 day period.

I think the promo starts tomorrow and goes for a week.

In my experience, Telstra has the best network coverage.

Mentioned in this post
Coles
Coles
9 Reviews
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Pre-paid Micro-SIM card for IPhone

Thanks for info. Might miss that 1 week offer. We will only arrive wed evening.

7. Re: Pre-paid Micro-SIM card for IPhone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 13:40