I am planning to stay in Melbourne as a visiting researcher in one of the universities in Melbourne between July and September. I have a limited funding so I have to consider living conditions in melbourne. I have daughter and she is planning to attend one of the intensive English courses providing an international certificate. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind.
1. First of all, I have not decided where to stay yet; melbourne or Sydney; Melbourne or Auckland. Melbourne seems a better option but it seems also more expensive than the other two cities.
2. What about accomodation facilities and what regions are more reasonable to stay? (one*bedroom house with a kitchen and bathroom is fine for me but I need to stay in the or close to the city center I guess)
3. I've heard that almost all buildings do not have central heating so the winters are quite cold. Is that true?
4. Do you hink I may find an accrediated intensive course for my 14-year-old daughter?
5. As far as I understand Melbourne is a safe city but there is a risk for natural disasters such as floods and earthquake. Am I wrong?
6. What do you think of the universities in Melbourne, What do you know about their attitude for an overseas visiting fellow?
So many questions, I am confused a lot.
Thanks in advance