We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any good places right near Hisense for a good feed

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,041 posts
188 reviews
Save Topic
Any good places right near Hisense for a good feed

Need to eat early so about 5pm. Must be easy walking distance.

is it in the words of the Castle...dreamin

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Beijing, Lijiang
Level Contributor
9,569 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any good places right near Hisense for a good feed

I find that area a bit tricky re eat's & within short walking distance to Hisense or Rod Laver.

You might be better eating somewhere close to where you are staying before you go. I was going to recommend Ezard on Flinders Lane but I don't think they open at 5pm and it is really not a close walk - more like 15 - 20 minutes.

Broadford, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,898 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any good places right near Hisense for a good feed

Hi Gurus wife, not sure what your budget is. I assume you want to sit down at a table, not eat noodles out of a box?

There are a few places on Swan St about a 15 minute walk or a short tram (No. 70) ride away.

Mexicali Rose is open from 5.30 most days, but from 5 on Fridays and Saturdays. I've eaten there a couple of times and it's not like Taco Bills, but quite tasty.

There are a few places up near the Hilton on Wellington Pde, a nice walk across the MCG parklands. Two Fat Indians is open from 5.30. In fact one place on Wellington Rd DOES do very nice noodles out of a box. Sorry I can't recall the name.

We had the same dilemma before an Aussie Rules game and found most of the cafes had just closed and the restaurants were not open till 6.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any good places right near Hisense for a good feed

There are food outlets at Hisense if there is an event on - but quality is questionable.

As well as Swan St, here are lots of eating options at Fed Square which will all be open for early dinner. Feddish, Bokchoy Tang and Chocolate Buddha are good options.

It's about a km and a flat easy walk or you can get the tram.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,138 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any good places right near Hisense for a good feed

Bit of a dessert around the sports grounds I'm afraid. I'd catch the tram along to Swan St - plenty of options along there.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Victoria, Road Trips
Level Contributor
4,548 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any good places right near Hisense for a good feed

I agree with the other suggestions, you'll probably need to catch a tram & either head for Swan Street or Fed Square. Fed Square would be my choice as there's a variety of dining options: http://www.fedsquare.com/eatdrink/

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
782 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any good places right near Hisense for a good feed

Arena Cafe is open when there are events on at Rod Laver.

Give them a call to see if they are open for Hisense events.

rodlaverarena.com.au/desktopdefault.aspx/…

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,041 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any good places right near Hisense for a good feed

Hisense has the usual overpriced unhealthy take away. Unfortunately even a short flat walk is near impossible. Tonight we ll do bar snacks at the hotel as session finished early. perhaps fed square tomorrow. Tram isn't doable due to distance

8. Re: Any good places right near Hisense for a good feed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 03:41