We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bridal Shops in the CBD

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
96 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Bridal Shops in the CBD

Hi ill be travelling to melbourne in June and would like to jam pack as many bridal placess in on my visit, could anyone reccommend any in the cbd or travelling distance in a tram, i wont have a car.

thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bridal Shops in the CBD

High St. Armidale has heaps of high end bridal shops- you can get there by tram or train. It is under 10km outside of the city and is where I went for my wedding dress. There are also some inside the city- close to Bourke St Mall on Elizabeth st I think...

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Victoria, Road Trips
Level Contributor
4,619 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bridal Shops in the CBD

I agree with Hight St Armadale, but you might need to make appointments with those stores. Use google to find the store websites & work out which ones you want to visit, then contact them.

You might find google is the best tool to use as it would be more enjoyable visiting a handful of stores which have dresses you like (& prices) rather than racing around visiting a lot of places. There used to be quite a few Bridal shops in the CBD but not any more. Most are on tram lines though, so should be easy to get to.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,132 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bridal Shops in the CBD

There's also a whole bunch of bridal stores in Sydney Rd Brunswick.

Mentioned in this post
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia
Broadford, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,610 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bridal Shops in the CBD

There is a shop Bella Donna? at 234 Collins St, that has some bridal wear. Another in the Block Arcade a bit further down. Clegs used to be a great place for bridal fabrics and accessories, around the corner in Elizabeth St.

The House of Franke Stuart in Glenferrie Rd Hawthorn had been an Icon for years.

None of these are cheap, but apparently little about weddings these days is!

Oh yes oddly, and nowhere near the CBD, but Dandenong seems to be well-endowed with wedding shops.

Mentioned in this post
Block Arcade
Block Arcade
4,400 Reviews
Melbourne, Australia
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
96 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bridal Shops in the CBD

thanks for your replies

will head to armidale and google for some phone numbers of the other places

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bridal Shops in the CBD

I recommend Sydney Road, Brunswick (take the number 19 tram from the city and get off around Victoria Street and you'll see lots of shops if you keep walking up the street).

Mentioned in this post
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia
Victoria
Victoria
Australia
N W
Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Bridal Shops in the CBD

I don't recommend visiting Baccini & Hill, 271 Collins Street, Melbourne.

I have gone from having such a magnificent experience to a horrifying experience with this store. On the final fitting I noticed a blood stain whilst trying on my wedding dress and I brought it to the dress maker’s attention and further bloods stains were then also identified on the dress. I was then informed the dress would be sent to the drycleaners to have the blood stains removed and at this stage there was no mention of a cost to be incurred by myself. Upon leaving the store I was approached again and told I would have to cover the cost of the dry cleaning which would be approx $200. My arms and hands were searched for blood stains and I had no evidence of a pin mark. It was such a disappointing and distressing outcome after investing over $4,500 in the store and being accused of something I didn’t do. The store obviously lacks a great deal of customer service and is very unprofessional in their approach and hasn't taken into consideration the value of word of month. I would never recommend Baccini & Hill to anyone.

Edited: 21 August 2012, 02:06
Mentioned in this post
Collins Street
Collins Street
628 Reviews
Melbourne, Australia
Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,132 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bridal Shops in the CBD

Preserve us from necroposted rants!

The OP is probably well and truly married by now.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
16,290 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bridal Shops in the CBD

This is a travel site not a retail rant site. Take it to notgoodenough.org if you really feel that strong about it.

10. Re: Bridal Shops in the CBD

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2013, 07:16