We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantis Hotel

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Atlantis Hotel

Has anyone stayed at this hotel and how central is it to getting around. We are arriving on the train from Adelaide. Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
449 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantis Hotel

I've never stayed there but I pass it all the time. From the look of the lobby, it seems nice.

It's very close to where your train gets in, but is on the outskirts of the Melbourne CBD (Central Business District), but because of the trams that run past the hotel, anything within the CBD is about 5-15 minutes away. I usually recommend people get a hotel within this purple line http://goo.gl/maps/Bnjs so you've done that.

The Atlantis is on the corner of LaTrobe Street and Spencer Street which is great for trams (…vic.gov.au/maps-stations-stops/…) as I said before. If you look in the top left hand corner of the darker grey area, that is where the Atlantis is. As you can see, there are several tram routes that go along either LaTrobe or Spencer Street.

But even better, the free City Circle tram is right on your doorstep. This tram passes many of the main tourist attractions. It can get very busy at times, but it's free! The map on the following link is very helpful in showing where all the attractions are and the route of this free tram …vic.gov.au/maps-stations-stops/…

I should also note that you are very close to Flagstaff Station, however this station is only open on weekdays.

Bristol
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantis Hotel

Thank-you very much for your help, have downlaoded City Circle Tram map. Cant wait to get to Melbourne. Thanks once again.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
449 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlantis Hotel

No worries!

Oh, there is also a bus that works as another hop-on/hop-off service. I think it's still free: thatsmelbourne.com.au/gettingaroundthecity/v…

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
310 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlantis Hotel

I stayed at the Atlantis Hotel the weekend just gone for 2 nights. We had a family room for the 4 of us.

The rooms are very neat with all the basics you need. Although the heating on our aircon didn't work they did supply us with 2 portable fan heaters so don't accept room 506. Look around for rates as some include breakfast which was good even if you have to pay the $11.

We didn't use the indoor heated pool or gym but it looked nice.

The hotel is meters from the tram stops so getting around is simple & only minutes to the city centre. If you don't want to wait for the free tram you can buy an all day ticket.

The train station is only a five minute walk from the hotel.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
449 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlantis Hotel

<<If you don't want to wait for the free tram you can buy an all day ticket. The train station is only a five minute walk from the hotel.>>

OP - The all day tickets that you can purchase are called Metcards and are available on trams (coins only) and at the metro part of the station that you will arrive in (you arrive in the regional section). You can also purchase "2-hour" tickets which are valid for two full hours, plus the remainder of the final hour. Eg: if you validate it at 11:59am, it will expire at 2pm. However if you validate at 12:01pm, it will expire at 3pm. If this ticket is validated AFTER 6pm, it will expire the following morning at 3am (so is valid for the remainder of the night).

Please be advised that Metcards are being phased out and recently when ticket types have been removed from sale, we are usually only given a weeks notice. The replacement is Myki (smartcard concept similar to London's Oyster card). It costs $6 to obtain, and then you add money onto it (Myki money). There's a Myki information hub at Spencer Street Station (the one 5 minutes from your hotel).

Bristol
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Atlantis Hotel

Thanks very much for your reply. All information helps.

7. Re: Atlantis Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 03:16