We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation rentals for big family

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Vacation rentals for big family

Hi everyone,

Good day to you!

I plan to visit Melbourne mid November with my family of 2 adults and 5 kids ( age 4 to 14).

Due to family size, I gathered a vacation rental/service apartment may be more suitable in terms of floor size and price. I do not plan to do any self drive, hence rely mainly on public transport or day tour buses to get around the various sites.

But it seems so difficult to find a centrally located service apartment that can accommodate our group! Most seem to sleep only 3 to 5 person. I really do hope to find one with good location ( easy access to public transport), clean and safe.

Can anyone kindly advise? Thank you so much in advance for all your answers.

P/s if there is a good family hotel in central location I am willing to try too:)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation rentals for big family

Have you looked on the stayz website? They seem to have a number of apartments that sleep up to 8 people. www.stayz.com.au/accommodation/vic/melbourne

Anything in the CBD or Southbank would be suitable as they would be walking distance to pretty much everything, and close to trams and trains if you need to go a bit further afield.

Quest on William and Punthill Manhattan also have 3 bedroom apartments that accommodate 7 people.

Check out wotif.com for discounted accommodation.

Edited: 21 August 2012, 22:54
2. Re: Vacation rentals for big family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2013, 05:17