We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qantas lounge at Tullamarine

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nagambie, Australia
Level Contributor
143 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Qantas lounge at Tullamarine

I am taking 2 teenage grandchildren to Tasmania next school holiday, friend of son has given me complimentary tickets to Qantas lounge, but checking back of pass lists only can use if flying Qantas or Jetstar do they check your flights details? as we are flying Virgin.

Broadford, Australia
Level Contributor
1,628 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qantas lounge at Tullamarine

They will generally ask to see your (Qantas) boarding pass along with the lounge tickets.

Cradle...
Destination Expert
for Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
Level Contributor
11,791 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Qantas lounge at Tullamarine

Hi ellejay,

I have passed through Tullamarine twice in the past 6 weeks, they only looked my Club card. But since you have a pass and not a card they might want to see your boarding pass?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
380 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qantas lounge at Tullamarine

They will ask for a Qantas or Jetstar boarding pass almost certainly, especially as you are not using a Club card.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
17,520 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Qantas lounge at Tullamarine

I'm wondering what sort of complementary "pass" you have. I know many years ago Qantas gave its club members a certain number of passes a year which they could hand out, however this was phased as the lounges got busier and busier. The way it stands now with Virgin, and to the best of my knowledge, Qantas, is that the member has to be present and they can only take in one guest (except for family) .

I'm happy to be corrected if this is not true so that I can then harass my Platinum member son for some lounge passes when we fly QF rather than DJ :-))

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,713 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Qantas lounge at Tullamarine

No when you get status (ie silver) they give you a pass to the lounge or your friend can buy passes to let you in.

Don;t even bother if you are on Virgin...the idea of passes is to attract new members

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
17,520 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Qantas lounge at Tullamarine

Hmmmmmm.....that's very interesting. So Mr Goldson and Mr Platinumson have both been holding out on me....we'll just see about that. :-0

The others are right about the tickets though. Every time I have ever gone into a lounge without a membership card the tickets are scrutinized carefully. Wouldn't want to let the riff raff in by mistake :-))

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Qantas lounge at Tullamarine

Melbourne QF domestic lounge dragons...umm attendants...are a bit capricious. A couple of times I've sailed past and they haven't even glanced at either my card or my boarding pass (usually when wearing corporate garb, carrying a laptop - i.e. looking the part). Other times they've looked very closely.

The rules clearly state you have to be on a QF or JQ flight to access the Qantas Club so if you're flying Virgin, don't expect to be let in. Not to mention the hassle of checking in over at one end of the airport, passing through the int'l terminal over to Qantas Domestic, passing security, going upstairs to the lounge to sit down just long enough to neck a beer and then traipsing all the way back over to DJ, passing security again and waiting at the gate with the great unwashed for your flight.....

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,713 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Qantas lounge at Tullamarine

qantas.com.au/travel/…individual-membership

Eva, may have been unclear,, they can buy a pass to let an accompanied guest in..

Edited: 30 August 2012, 12:07
Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
17,520 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Qantas lounge at Tullamarine

That's what I thought. That's why I'm confused about what sort of "complementary pass" the OP has which would allow her + her two grand daughters into the Q lounge without a member (assuming they had QF or JQ tickets of course)

Edited: 30 August 2012, 12:50
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
29,854 posts
1,348 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Qantas lounge at Tullamarine

Just to add...

As Qantas Plat members we are given 2 free complimentary passes into the First Class Lounge,

Our guests ONLY have to be flying with Qantas & WE do not have to be there.

(You need to be flying with Qantas to use any free complimentary tickets or passes.)

You cannot use a free lounge ticket into Qantas Lounge if your flying with Virgin.

Edited: 30 August 2012, 15:48