We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in CBD & Sky Diving?

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay in CBD & Sky Diving?

Hi everyone,

Wondering if you could please give me a list of options of where to stay in the CBD - in the heart of it! It's been years since I've been, and it'll be my partner's first time in Melbourne. Preferably not too pricey, but not a dump.

Also, any suggestions for Sky Diving?

Thank you in advance :-)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
363 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in CBD & Sky Diving?

Hi

Your question is a bit too vague. First of all, what is pricey for one may be not pricey for the other and definitions of "dump" varies greatly too. Melbourne CBD is fairly restricted geographic area, so it's not that difficult to figure out whether the hotel is where you want to stay... Read reviews, compare prices... As for skydiving - Google it. adrenaline.com has majority of offers in one place...

Little note for the future: think why it took 13 hours for someone to reply...

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
17,513 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in CBD & Sky Diving?

If you want a list go to www.wotif.com

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in CBD & Sky Diving?

My daughter did a tandem jump at Nagambie (1.5 hr north of Melb) with

www.skydivenagambie.com They used to be the only one offering a jump from 14000 feet, but I see others are now offering that also. The higher the jump the longer you have 'in the air' free falling and floating down. Whoever you go with double check the jump height before you book.

There are a number of companies offering tandem or single jumps - it depends on the experience you want (prices will vary also). Some of the jump sites include St Kilda beach, the Yarra Ranges and Great Ocean Rd (Barwon Heads).

Just google skydiving melbourne and you'll get a range of options.

Edited: 09 September 2012, 02:18
sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,187 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in CBD & Sky Diving?

www.redballoon.com.au have a number of skydiving options - just put skydiving into the search box top right. May or may not be cheaper to book directly with companies

5. Re: Where to stay in CBD & Sky Diving?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2013, 10:16