We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Hotels to recommend in Melbourne

Singapore
Level Contributor
31 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Any Hotels to recommend in Melbourne

Hihi,

This is the first trip to melbourne for me and my husband. It will be free and easy.

Need some recommendation on some decent hotels for a 1 week stay, with close proximity to tram/attractions

Thank you.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,297 posts
1,475 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Hotels to recommend in Melbourne

Hi,

It depends on your budget ?? Melbourne has many hotel options from 5* to budget which are all handy to transport.

Have a look on wotif to see what suits your budget.

wotif.com/hotels/australia-melbourne-cbd-hot…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any Hotels to recommend in Melbourne

The Langham Hotel is great - terrific location on Southbank so close to everything.

Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Any Hotels to recommend in Melbourne

I endorse the Langham, great room and breakfast, try and book on wotif.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any Hotels to recommend in Melbourne

As you are staying for a week you might want to consider an apartment, rather than just a hotel room. There are a number of good apartment hotels in the CBD and Southbbank. I have stayed at Quay West Suites a few times - it is basically next to The Langham on Southbank so great position and the apartments are very nice.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Any Hotels to recommend in Melbourne

I just checked out of darling towers on collins it was brilliant and nearby to everything. No complaints and tram stop out the front. But I do suggest staying on either Collins Street you will be glad you did and within walking distance to most attractions and have tram stops in the street and flinders street station is a street away!

6. Re: Any Hotels to recommend in Melbourne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 09:17