We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transist at Melbourne Airport

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
50 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Transist at Melbourne Airport

We will be on transist in the airport from 2.20am to 8 am, pse advise if they are any budget lounge or anywhere we can get some shut eye. Just some soft seat to relax also can.

thanks a lot

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,047 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transist at Melbourne Airport

There are no pay as you use lounges and I fear that the airport is going to be desolate at that time of the night.

This website might give you some ideas of where you could curl up for a few hours

sleepinginairports.net/oceania/….UOzKXax5d8F

There is also a budget hotel (Formule 1 now rebranded as Ibis Budget I believe) which is basic but inexpensive and a short walk from the terminal.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
823 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transist at Melbourne Airport

I doubt even the airline lounges, other than Emirates, would be open at that hour even if you are a member.

I've seen a few transit passengers in the wee hours grabbing a nap in the massage chairs that are opposite P.J Obrien's pub near McDonalds in the landside area. Perhaps byo blanket, eyeshade and earplugs.

Just read the sleeping in airports link. If you want to take a shower, I know that the showers in the toilets upstairs near airline offices area do have working hot water.

Edited: 09 January 2013, 02:48
3. Re: Transist at Melbourne Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2014, 06:18