We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving times

Michigan
Level Contributor
175 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
driving times

Could someone give me some idea how long it would take to drive from Wonthaggi to Tullamarine Airport on a Tuesday morning? Thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,663 posts
1,612 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: driving times

Hi,

Use google maps - it will give you time, route & distance. It takes approx 2hrs.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
363 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: driving times

You don't ask easy questions, do you? :) Unless someone made the trip it is very difficult to say. I would take somewhat educated guess; Mornington Peninsula shuttle service allocate 3 hours for a trip from Rosebud to the airport. They do stop on the way to pick up more passengers. Given that Wonthaggi is 50k further from the airport than Rosebud, I'd add another hour to your trip, this way you will have enough time for all kinds of unexpected hitches. Better to arrive well before than miss your flight.

P.S. yes, Google maps tell you 2 hours - that's at the speed limit. On weekday morning Monash freeway resembles big carpark. Your average speed will be 60 (if you lucky).

Edited: 18 February 2013, 12:30
King Island...
Level Contributor
353 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: driving times

hi pole-ski.to drive from wonthaggi to tullamarine takes about 2 hours if you get a good run,however if you are traveling during the morning peak [0630-0930] to be safe add an extra hour ,although the highway and freeways are good the freeway is well known to grind to a halt for no apparent reason.i live in wonthaggi and always allow myself at least 3 hours to travel to the airport,cheers

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,132 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: driving times

I'm with Michael. 2 hours in quiet times. Add an hour for morning peak into the city. If it's late afternoon add an hour for afternoon peak on the Tullamarine "car park". Tonight a 20 minute trip took us an hour. Any other time just add an hour for unforeseen accidents or incidents on the freeways :-))

5. Re: driving times

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2014, 06:15