We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apex Car Rentals Australia

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Save Topic
Apex Car Rentals Australia

Anyone can provide reviews on this car rental company? I tried to search online but not manage to find. Appreciate will you all can provide advices.

64 replies to this topic
Canandaigua
Level Contributor
727 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apex Car Rentals Australia

I used them in NZ and found them reliable and helpful.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apex Car Rentals Australia

put 'apex rentals' in the australian forum search box.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
97,064 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apex Car Rentals Australia

Apex is a long-established and well-respected rental company in New Zealand, and it has recently been expanding into Australia.

Oz
Level Contributor
14,663 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apex Car Rentals Australia

Hi,

I believe Apex has recently been purchased by Avis. I can't comment on the OZ operation but they provided good service in NZ and i would use them again.

nbr.co.nz/article/avis-buy-christchurch-base…

Will the Avis purchase make a difference? Time will tell.

Cheers,

5. Re: Apex Car Rentals Australia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2017, 23:30

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
9 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Apex Car Rentals Australia

As Dan mentioned, look out for hidden fees. I just looked at rentalcars.com and they wanted an additional $65 over the price of the rental for insurance. But Apex, Europcar, Avis and Hertz will all put their fees up front.

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Apex Car Rentals Australia

I had a bad experience with Apex car rental at Melbourne airport and will never use them again. I bought a seven days rental package with liabilities capped at $500. On the last day of rental, I reversed the car into a parking pole and some yellow paint was deposited on to the rear bumper. The bumper wasn't damaged and the paint was deposited only into a small area. The damage is superficial and minimal, the car was return in otherwise pristine conditions with me doing a total mileage of only ~200km in 7 days.,

Apex took the maximum of the liabilities from my credit card (of $500) for a superficial scratch to the bumper. I could have totalled the rental car and still pay $500 of liabilities (not that I would do that). There must be a reasonable amount to charge the customer for superficial scratches to bumpers, we are not event talking about the metallic panels.

That was my first time renting from Apex and it is going to be my last time as well.

Edited: 17 June 2013, 03:10
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Apex Car Rentals Australia

I had the same thing happened to me. Worst I wasn't even aware that I had chipped some paint off until they auto deduct $500 from my card. It's certainly not professional to just charge me without any picture proof but only a very brief description of the said damage. Furthermore I've no way of verifying if its true as the onus is on them to say however they want. This left me wonder if it's their standard practice company wide or an interpretation of this particular branch. Have you tried to speak to them and gotten any betterment?

Edited: 14 September 2013, 02:08
Perth, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Apex Car Rentals Australia

Recently hired a car from Apex at Melbourne Airport. I had to return the car early and whilst the manager told me it was not their policy to provide refunds in these cases he did give me some money back which I appreciated very much. Found them very friendly and helpful and will definitely use them again.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
82 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Apex Car Rentals Australia

I used Apex while in NZ 2 years ago. Very friendly and helpful staff when we encountered a flat tyre in Queenstown. Car condition was superb. Would like to use them again. Do they have car rental in Adelaide?

Reply to: Apex Car Rentals Australia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted