We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Andrew's Airport Parking - Be Warned

South Australia...
Level Contributor
2 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Andrew's Airport Parking - Be Warned

Firstly I booked some parking through Jetstar. I wasn't advised by Jetstar that the parking was off site and later received an email confirming my booking with this company. I went with it even though it was my preference to park at the long term car park as we were travelling with a baby with disabilities. Due to Andrew's not having a car seat they offered to deliver our vehicle upon arrival back into Melb. This was confirmed at the time of lodging the vehicle. I have a brand new Holden Colorado. The car parks were quite small and found it easier to reverse the vehicle into the car park. I used a function of automatically folding the mirrors in just so I can get by. Upon arriving back into Melb I rang the phone number supplied and tried to confirm with the staff member about bringing my veh to the airport. All I got was an abrupt 'go to bus stop 6' several times. 30 mins later I receive a phone call, why didnt you get on a shuttle bus. After explaining the situation I was told that the vehicle would be with us in 5-7 minutes. Well 25 mins later the vehicle arrived with an apology and a $20 refund for next time. I noticed that the mirrors had been folded out but I guessed forced (even though management assure me they are aware of every vehicles functions). After travelling a further 6 hours home, I later got a bad feeling. What if they played with the four wheel drive knob in between the seats looking for the mirror button. A design fault of these vehicles is no 4wd indicator light on the dash. I checked my vehicle the next morning and I couldnt believe my eyes the knob was in the central position which was 4wd high. I felt sick that I didnt pick it up and more angry that Andrews had put my vehicle in 4wd and delivered it to me at the airport. I checked with my local Holden dealer who advised that if I didnt feel any binding in the vehicle that it 'should' be ok but to change the transfer case oil as a precaution. I have contacted Andrew's management who have done their own investigation and havent denied putting it into 4wd but flatly refuse to pay for the oil change. I will never know how much damage this had done to the vehicle in the future. I put this story on their facebook site but it was deleted, maybe the truth hurts. Andrew's Airport Parking stated to me that it was my responsibility to check every function of the vehicle before I leave, even though they are familiar with all vehicles and even if they put it in 4wd on bitumen and delivered it to me at the airport. As you can imagine I wont be using this company or recommending it to anyone.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Andrew's Airport Parking - Be Warned

"Andrew's Airport Parking stated to me that it was my responsibility to check every function of the vehicle before I leave"

yep, agree. just in case there was any damage for a start. and really, how wouldn't u know that the vehicle was in 4wd (even high ratio) during 6 hours of driving?

but i would never use off site airport parking again after i discovered several hundred additional km on my car's speedo on pick up in sydney many years ago.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Andrew's Airport Parking - Be Warned

I'm sorry but Andrews did you a favour delivering your car to the airport. It's not part of their service and no other operator, whether off site or on site will deliver your car to the terminal (with the exception of very expensive valet parking).

If you allowed them, in fact encouraged them, to drive your car then the responsibility is yours to ensure that you give them clear instructions, or leave written instructions as to how to operate the car, especially if there are special features. And it's also your responsibility to check that the car is in good order when you get it back.

You may not use them again, and after your behavior towards them I suspect that they will have second thoughts about doing a similar favour for the next person in your situation that comes along.

South Australia...
Level Contributor
2 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Andrew's Airport Parking - Be Warned

Thanks Lien. I am not stupid when it comes to motor vehicles. I have owned 4wd's all my life, restored, rebuilt, driven them, even 4wd trucks. But in this case as I stated I didnt feel any binding in the drive. I did feel the gears were a minor bit notchy. As I stated it is a new vehicle, brand new and wondered whether it was part of the running in. Standing in the cold for nearly an hour waiting for Andrews, plus the 6 hour kangaroo infested trip back home I had other things on my mind. If I had have felt any binding I would have worked it out straight away.

Thanks for your reply evamelb. Delivering vehicles to the airport is part of Andrew's service as stated by them. They will do it for cases such as ours or disabled persons in wheel chairs, people who can not use their shuttle bus. Written instructions were not needed as management assure me they know all vehicles as they have up to 2000 parked there at any one time and they are very professional. If they are professional then 4wd would not have been selected if you half know about motor vehicles. After travelling for 8 hrs already waiting nearly an hour in the cold with a brain injured baby all I wanted to do was hit the road for my next 6 hr part of the journey.

Andrews management are aware that I am going to make a social media stand on this issue, they asked me to make it factual. I posted these facts on their own facebook site and it was deleted. Truth hurts.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,138 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Andrew's Airport Parking - Be Warned

What is with the continue attacks/complaints/whateveryouwanttocallthem on airport parking in the Melbourne forums? I just don't get it. Do other forums have as many as we do?

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,073 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Andrew's Airport Parking - Be Warned

How ridiculous that there is no light to indicate that the vehicle is in 4x4. I feel your pain. But not much you can do about it.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Victoria, Road Trips
Level Contributor
4,578 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Andrew's Airport Parking - Be Warned

I've used Andrews quite a few times without any issues, in fact, I've found the shuttles to & from the airport run regularly. Now I, like most customers, didn't require my car delivered to the airport for me. It doesn't mention this is an option on the website, so obviously it is something they were willing to do for the OP as a special favour.

Given that the OP's situation is so unusual, the rant is not going to stop me using Andrew's going forward.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Andrew's Airport Parking - Be Warned

Thanks for sharing your experience Andrew. I'm sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience overall

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
864 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Andrew's Airport Parking - Be Warned

I used to use Andrews all the time, have done so for years. Last time wasn't so good so I doubt we will use them again. We had bought a brand new suitcase in England, it survived the flight back via Hong Kong very well and on arrival. In the Andrews transit van back to their lot it was damaged to the point that we had to throw it away. BTW the driver was in a bad mood, you could tell by the way he was throwing in the cases without care (ours and others) and how he was talking to the girls in the office. What a shame. I am looking at the numerous other options handy.

9. Re: Andrew's Airport Parking - Be Warned

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 02:35
10. Re: Andrew's Airport Parking - Be Warned

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 July 2013, 22:05