We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any place that sells nice oyster

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
186 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Any place that sells nice oyster

Hi guys

I am in Mel at the moment. Any idea where can I get to eat nice oysters? Any recommendations?

Thanks!!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Victoria, Road Trips
Level Contributor
4,578 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any place that sells nice oyster

South Melbourne market today maybe. In their food hall, I'm sure at least one of the fish & seafood suppliers has an oyster bar & if you want to buy them to take away, they are freshly shucked.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any place that sells nice oyster

You can go to Fish Pier at the David Jones department store's basement food centre. In Bourke st mall and in CBD.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,131 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any place that sells nice oyster

+1 for Sth Melb market - there's a seafood shop that will shuck and serve oyseters for you to eat there or you can take them home. If they have them, go for the Coffin Bay Oysters - best and tastiest if not the biggest.

Open Sunday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.

Edited: 21 April 2013, 01:02
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
186 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any place that sells nice oyster

Thanks for the relies.

Any recommendation of nice and not too expensive seafood place other than oyster in Melbourne too? I am afraid I might not make it for sth Mel mkt as its not open everyday.

5. Re: Any place that sells nice oyster

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2014, 06:17