We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Tours on July'13

Which Melbourne hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kota Bharu, Malaysia
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Day Tours on July'13

Planning to go for holidays dated 24-27 July'13, just wondering shall I book my day tours before going or looking for it while I'm there? Where can I get the cheapest tours? What is the most recommended tours I shouldn't miss?

Broadford, Australia
Level Contributor
1,789 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Tours on July'13

Tours to where?

Cheapest may not be the most recommended.

It's Winter so your pre-booked tour might be on a really cold rainy day; this might bother you or not if you are happy to rug up.

Kota Bharu, Malaysia
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Tours on July'13

To Melbourne.

Just afraid pre-booked will miss out those more attractive tours.

Broadford, Australia
Level Contributor
1,789 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Tours on July'13

Hi again,

Tours to Melbourne, from Melbourne? Walking tours? Victoria Market tours? Chocolate shops? MCG? Old Melbourne gaol? Botanic gardens? How many people; ages; special needs; interests?

Sorry but we need more information to make useful comments.

Kota Bharu, Malaysia
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Tours on July'13

Just my husband & me to Melbourne, looking for 3 days free & leisure holidays. We are from Malaysia which is summer the whole year here, so plan to have 1 day for snowing in Mt Buller. Need for recommendation for the rest of days to get to know Melbourne.

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
14,547 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day Tours on July'13

The cheapest and potentially the best is to do some research yourselves and choose what suits you and walk or use public transport wherever possible.

Day tours to me implied tours from Melbourne to a nearby area for the day, and there are a few of those. But if you have only 4 days and 1 day is already allocated to visiting the snowfields and you say you want to get to know Melbourne you might want to spend the rest of your time in the city. I believe there is a hop-on hop-off tourist tram which might be the sort of thing you could use.

Does the 4 days include arrival and departure? You need to clarify things and provide more information, in order for us to make useful recommendations.

Broadford, Australia
Level Contributor
1,789 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day Tours on July'13

ok,

Well there are a number of walking tours around the Melbourne CBD. Also the free tourist shuttle bus and tram.

If you go to Federation Square tourist information centre you can organise tours from there. Melbourne CBD is a very walkable compact area and you can just wander through our laneways and arcades and get a feel for the coffee culture. Have a look at the 'Melbourne Trips Ideas' and 'Top Questions about Melbourne 'on the top right hand side of this page for ideas that might suit your interests.

Your hotel should also have tourist information.

You will need to prebook the Mt Buller tour.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day Tours on July'13

There are eco- tours (geared towards the environment). Leadbeater Eco Tours are just new but I like the idea that they are geared to the local and overseas tourist. Can't comment on them though as I have not tried them yet. http://www.leadbeaterecotours.com.au/

8. Re: Day Tours on July'13

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2014, 07:18